[TV] channel scan does not pick up all channels in Adelaide, Townsville, (Australia) (1 Viewer)

etheesdad

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 8, 2008
    Adelaide
    The channel scan does not pick up Nine, NineHD or GO. Details in THIS thread

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Those 3 channels are all on the same transponder which is on 9 Network: 191.625MHz for Adelaide. I have seen a similar issue before where channels that are 125 KHz off the centre frequency will not be detected during a scan.

Could you try this to see if it fixes the issue:-

go to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\TuningParameters\dvbt and edit the file "Australia.SA - Adelaide.xml" to change the value 191500 to 191625 and then try scanning again for Adelaide.

This time it should find all the Network Nine channels - but let me know if this suggestion fails ....

etheesdad

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 8, 2008
    Adelaide
    Those 3 channels are all on the same transponder which is on 9 Network: 191.625MHz for Adelaide. I have seen a similar issue before where channels that are 125 KHz off the centre frequency will not be detected during a scan.

Could you try this to see if it fixes the issue:-

go to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\TuningParameters\dvbt and edit the file "Australia.SA - Adelaide.xml" to change the value 191500 to 191625 and then try scanning again for Adelaide.

This time it should find all the Network Nine channels - but let me know if this suggestion fails ....

Scan worked after changing the xml file with the value you suggested. I have now got 9, 9HD and GO

Thanks VERY much for the help :)

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hmmm - OK, so it looks like an old bug has crept back in?

MediaPortal should look for a signal at 191500 KHz and 125 KHz either side - so it should also search 191625 and 191375. It looks like it is not applying the 125 KHz offset during the scan.

I wonder how this can be tested such that useful log files are generated?

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    And the fix for Brisbane or other states along the same lines?
    Yes, but it is just a "work-around" rather than a fix.

I would like to log a bug on this issue, but I need some log files.

Could you run a scan before you make any changes to the xml file, and attach your resulting log files here?

Start by deleting all your current log files in both TV Server and MediaPortal, run the scan then attach your TV Server log files to this thread - they may give us a clue as to why the frequency offset (125 KHz) is not being applied .... :confused:

S.O.P

Portal Pro
    January 13, 2007
    Home Country
    I would, but I'm not running 1.1. It was a desperate enough reason for me to revert back to 1.0.2.

Sorry.

erosco

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 25, 2007
    Home Country
    I saw this in Cairns under 1.0.2. SBS I think was on 697633 according to a local gov site... It scanned fine on my nova-500dt but my Cinergy T USB stick failed to find the stations.. I changed the freq back to 697500 and both cards were happy..

Worth noting that some of these are/may be card specific issues!

Cheers
    erosco

Users who are viewing this thread