Channel scan on DVB-S2 transponders fails (1 Viewer)

Crazyphil

April 15, 2009
Home Country
Austria Austria
TV-Server Version: 1.0.1.0
MediaPortal Version: 1.0.1.0
MediaPortal Skin: Blue3wide
Windows Version: Windows Vista x86 SP1
CPU Type: AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ (2 GHz)
HDD: Western Digital Caviar Green 640GB
Memory: Corsair Value Select 2GB Kit
Motherboard: Asus A8R32-MVP Deluxe
Video Card: ASUS EAH3650 SILENT
Video Card Driver: 9.04
Sound Card: on-board Realtek
1. TV Card: DVBWorld DTV DVB-S2 PCI2004
1. TV Card Type: DVB-S(2)
1. TV Card Driver: 1.0.6.0
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Astra 19.2°E
HTPC Case: A+case GL-3
Cooling: Scythe Slip Stream
Power Supply: Seasonic S12II 380W
TV: Samsung LE40A656
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

Hello!

I'm using MediaPortal since October 2008, and since the release of the 1.0 final, I've managed to get a very stable and comfortable HTPC environment. Unfortunately, there is one issue with DVB-S2 transponders I couldn't solve yet.

I'm using the DVBWorld DTV DBV-S2 PCI2004 TV-card with the MediaPortal TV Server. Everytime I scan for channels, transponders with DVB-S2 modulation fail because of "No signal". According to my tests, the problem is not the channel's H.264 codec (e.g. ORF 1 HD is found), but more the modulation of the whole transponder.
Adding the HD channels on those transponders manually also doesn't work, because they fail when trying to tune to them (same error message). Interestingly, the program that shipped with the TV card (a custom DVB program called "DVB World", exclusive to this manufacturer) doesn't have any problems with finding and tuning to DVB-S2 channels.

Is there any way to solve this problem, or lies the root cause within the tv card's drivers?

Thanks for any help,
Crazyphil

P.S.: Another interesting detail: I'm not using the latest driver, because it prevents MediaPortal from scanning and tuning to low-band transponders with the "No signal" error, although again the manufacturer's program works as expected.

wonkyd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Have you got the Tune DVB-S2 transponders option checked in tuning section of your DVB-S/S2 card?

Crazyphil

April 15, 2009
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Yes, I have. Sorry for not mentioning it firsthand.
    The attached logs were also created scanning DVB-S2 transponders only for a better overview. Normally, I scan the whole satellite at once, of course.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom