[fixed] Channel scanner/TVDB behaviour with dupicate channels (1 Viewer)

Ragnarok666

Portal Pro
October 11, 2009
Home Country
England England
I have just been toying with this new media portal and many things seem to work great.

I donno exactly whats changed but the channel scanner appears to take all the tuning details on channels with the same name under 1 channel, combining them so to speak. I doubt this is a bug but With DVB-S this is proving to be a big pain in the ass and it's just really annoying.

say if i scan Astra 19.2e and my provider is Digital+ in spain The scanner will scan Eurosport HD twice including the German one for Sky Germany, combine the 2, because it scans the German one last it will combine the channels and use the tuning details for the German one. The odds are I don't have a subscription to both and can only open up the Spanish one. so you have to go into TV server and remove the details for the Spanish one when it really should be creating 2 separate channels for these as they are separate channels.

However in SD the German one is FTA while the Spainish one is scrambled and they regularly carry different programming so again they should be scanned as separate channels.

In my case, if you have 28.2 east and a whole load of other satellites it gives you massive problems when you have just created you channels lists/group and organized them for uk channels, then you move on to the rest and you start getting forign channels combined with the uk versions which are different channels.

I can't see a way within MediaPortal to set the correct version you want to watch/record

These channels I suddenly found i was getting foreign EPG data, or just couldn't watch my UK version of after scanning other satellites and i didn't realize it untill the recordings failed or they it came up channel is scrambled.

Eurosport HD (UK version is different and scrambled)
Fox news( scrambled some feed version on 1w)
Sky News ( international Version not the UK version)
Syfi ( scrambled and the wrong version)
syfi HD (scrambled and the wrong version)
MTV (i got the German one )

and many more

:oops:

Before it never touched the channels you already scanned say on 28.2east if you scan channels anywhere else. I wish it would still do that.

basically to get all of the channel versions properly I have to scan once to get the list Edit the tuning details , rename the channel ( which can break the EPG) then scan again and do the same for the other one( sometime it doesn wok and it still combines them :mad:) . Where as before I could just scan, and get it to group by provider/satellite and it just worked and I knew where to find the regional variations of Eurosport for example no problems. Real separate channels even if the have the same name where kept as separate channels.

The EPG data didn't get confused and took it from the local provider. the combined channels take it from the last update, so my Eurosport HD UK could end up with German on the EPG

I think the rule for combining channels needs to be

to combine them they must (if they are on the same transponder)

have the same name and share Audio and Video PIDS

for example
Sky Sports HD1 has 2 SIDs and scans as 2 channels but uses the same video and audio PID's , no need for that to be duplicated

Else

The must share the same name and Provider to be combined Otherwise they must be kept as separate channels!!

This would really make the feature, Combined channels should try the next lot of tuning details if the first ones doesn't work, then make the working ones the default. That way when providers move channels around between transponders and switch the old one off, we shouldn't notice if we scanned the new version recently and TV server added the tuning details for the new one.

However on Satellite around Europe this is turning out to be a huge pain in the ass even keeping the same channel data base and going back to 1.1.0 as the same behavior is taken back with it.

it's created alot more problems that it's solved.

MediaPortal Version: 1.2.0 Final and 1.1.0 for regular use
MediaPortal Skin: Black Glass 2.6.0
Windows Version: XP pro sp3
CPU Type: Intel Q8300 2.5ghz
HDD: Samsung 500gb system and storage, Segate pipline 320gb timeshift and storage, WD EADS 2TB record
Memory: 2x 1gb Corsair DDR2 667 PC5300
Motherboard: Gigabyte P43-ES3G
Video Card: ASUS 240GT
Video Card Driver: 258.96
Sound Card: Realtek Hd audio on board
Sound Card AC3: AC3filter or MPA over HDMI
Sound Card Driver: 5.10.0.5964
1. TV Card: Technisat Skystar2
1. TV Card Type: DVB-S
1. TV Card Driver: 4.5.1
2. TV Card: Hauppauge WinTV Nova-HD-S2
2. TV Card Type: DVB-S2
2. TV Card Driver: 2.125.28070.0 (11/03/2010)
3. TV Card: Hauppauge WinTV Nova-HD-S2
3. TV Card Type: DVB-S2
3. TV Card Driver: 2.125.28070.0 (11/03/2010
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: PDVD9
MPEG2 Audio Codec: AC3Filter
h.264 Video Codec: PDVD9
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Astra 28.2°E on 1 card a Diseqc switch with 19.2°E,13°E,1°W
HTPC Case: Silverstone LC20
Cooling: Arctic cooling Frezer 7 Pro
Power Supply: Corsair HX520
Remote: Happague MCE remote
TV: Pioneer LX5090 (British version)
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI>Dennon AVR 1910>HDMI

Ragnarok666

Portal Pro
October 11, 2009
Home Country
England England
Ah ha, As long as i delete the Combined channels and scan them in mepo 1.1.1 They are fine :D. just hope upgrading to mepo 1.2.0 alpha doesn't screw them up again.

riksmith

Portal Pro
April 18, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
There are some changes coming in 1.2.0 concerning automatic merging of channels (which it will no longer do based on name). This has not been commited so the wrong behavior is still there.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    The latest changes in svn should help here. Now channels should not be merged based on name when scanning

sdf

Portal Pro
    September 29, 2006
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    There's another problem I found in scanning (svn 27345).
    Some italian Dtt channels are recognized and scanned, but not added to the database (for example Deejay Tv, frequency 658000).
    This happens in latest svns, version 1.1.2 is perfect.
    They are not visible in the channels list.
    If someone is interested can post logs.
    Bye,
    sdf

riksmith

Portal Pro
    April 18, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    There's another problem I found in scanning (svn 27345).
    Some italian Dtt channels are recognized and scanned, but not added to the database (for example Deejay Tv, frequency 658000).
    This happens in latest svns, version 1.1.2 is perfect.
    They are not visible in the channels list.
    If someone is interested can post logs.
    Bye,
    sdf

Logs cannot be missed in this case. Not sure what svn 27345 contains. How recent is that?

sdf

Portal Pro
    September 29, 2006
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Compiled version 27362.
    Still the same.
    Some channels during scanning are found, but not added to the channels list.
    Look form example at "DEEJAY TV" frequency 658000
    Bye, sdf

riksmith

Portal Pro
    April 18, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Code:
    2011-02-02 18:14:59.488391 [(7)]: Found: DVBT:tv:Rete A DEEJAY TV Freq:658000 ONID:8572 TSID:31000 SID:1 PMT:0x1F54 FTA:True LCN:9 BandWidth:8
    2011-02-02 18:14:59.489391 [(7)]: Found: DVBT:tv: cielo Freq:658000 ONID:8572 TSID:31000 SID:2 PMT:0x456 FTA:True LCN:26 BandWidth:8
    2011-02-02 18:14:59.489391 [(7)]: Found: DVBT:tv:Globecast POKERItalia24 Freq:658000 ONID:8572 TSID:31000 SID:6 PMT:0x4E8 FTA:True LCN:59 BandWidth:8
    2011-02-02 18:14:59.490391 [(7)]: Found: DVBT:radio:Rete A Radio Deejay Freq:658000 ONID:8572 TSID:31000 SID:9 PMT:0x210 FTA:True LCN:10000 BandWidth:8

You mean theese channels?

Are you sure they are not in your channel list? I could be that another tuningdetail was updated. So it could be under a completely different channel.

riksmith

Portal Pro
    April 18, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I thought: lets look at your export in the other thread :)

I found the cause: Your provider is doing "illegal" stuff. It uses the same ONID + SID combination multiple times. That should not happen, it should be unique.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom