channel wont get manual added (1 Viewer)

Buzzie

Portal Pro
May 10, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
TV-Server Version:
MediaPortal Version: 1.0.0.0 RC2
MediaPortal Skin: Aeon Wide and Spinsafe 1080
Windows Version: Windows XP Pro SP3
CPU Type: AMD Phenom X4 9750
HDD: Samsung 640GB F1 Spinpoint, Maxtor 320GB and 4 external 500GB drives
Memory: 4GB Patriot PC6400
Motherboard: Gigabyte
Video Card: on board
Video Card Driver:
Sound Card:
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: FloppyDTV DVB-C
1. TV Card Type: Alphacrypt
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec:
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
h.264 Video Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Caiway Westland
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote:
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection:

I am having a strange problem with 1 channel (Sport1.2)

The first time i installed my TV Card (FloppyDTV DVB-C) i used the supplied firedtv viewer software to scan and find the channels. All channels were found without any problems.
When i did the same for Media Portal i noticed 1 channel was missing (Sport1.2). When i try to manual add the channel there is no problem coz i have all the information needed to find the channel. But when i preview the channel i get the error about not able to start graph.....and when i start the channel from within MP it says no audio and video detected.
I did several rescans already but the channel isnt found.

Any ideas what i am doing wrong here???

blaudden

Portal Pro
November 19, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Yes, I think you forgot to post the logs. :) Especially the logs from the channel scan would be interesting to see.

Buzzie

Portal Pro
May 10, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
My bad.

Here are all the log files i have. dont know which one you are interested in.

thanks for having a look at it.

blaudden

Portal Pro
November 19, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
One reason could be that when you added the channel manually it wasn't proeperly saved in the database. If you are familiar with databases, look in the tables and compare it with other channels. For example Sport1.1, does that one work?

But, I thikn you should try to get it in automatically with the channel scan! Remove all channels. Reset all log files using the "Media Portal Logs Collector". Then run the scan and maybe tune one or two channels. Finally let the collector collect your logs and attach them to the post.

Other ways:
1. try to reset the logs(with MP Collector) and just do a channel scan, that way we will see if the Sport 1.2 is found at all.
2. If it does not show up, it could be that the satellite transponde for that channel isn't in the list of transponders to scan. You have seen how it goes through the list of transponders and tries to find all channels on each?

Buzzie

Portal Pro
May 10, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I solved the problem.

What i did was remove all the channels in TV server channel configuration (there are 6 Sport1 Channels and 1 of them didnt get added)
Then i manually added all the channels with the needed information in the DVB-C screen. (You need to have all that information !!!!)
I closed the MP tv server configuration and opened the database MPTVDBRC2 (or something like that).
I edited the file dbo.tuningdetail and compared all the settings with all other channels in that list and changed them to the files i manually added in the tv server config screen.

Now all channels work.

!!!!!!! KEEP IN MIND THAT EDITING THE DATABASE CAN SCREW UP ALL SO ITS FOR YOUR OWN RISK !!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom