Channels found in "Total Media" but not "MediaPortal"? (1 Viewer)

Brash

Portal Member
July 28, 2009
i'm unable to get MediaPortal to find channels. I have scanned everything.

I tried using another program that is also like mediaportal callled "total media" and when i did it's scan it took about an hour but it found all the channels without a problem or for me to do anything special. What is it that Total Media is doing that MediaPortal isn't?

etheesdad
If using XP, did you install the DVB fix?

using:
vista, sp1.

mediaportal current stable release. single-seat installation.

i tried scanning everything i could find and just dont receive anything.

i have two cards. one is analog and other is atsc.

connected to cable tv line. some digital channels on this line are unencrypted.

in total media the analog tuner picks up about 100 tv channels and the atsc picks up roughtly 20 digital tv unencrypted and about another 40 music digital stations.

in media porta it senses 0 of anything.
i also noticed that media portal doesn't seem to scan as high of numbers. like roughtly 60 something.. but total media was scanning up into something like 300+ and did not find channels until about 10 minutes into the scan (took a total of 1 hour roughly to complete).
could it be that mediaportal is just not going far enough?

update for specs and log files:

2.60ghz intel dual core
2gig ddr ram
Ati x800 XT All-in-Wonder agp 8x (has the analog tuner in it, also has an FM tuner.)
PCI Tuner: GeniaTech X8350A ATSC/QAM HDTV
Codecs: K-Lite Codec Pack (Mega, with option number 7 "lots of stuff")

*added all logs except for the epg log because it is empty still*

update: i tested with Windows Media Center for vista as well and it doesn't detect channels either. So i guess Total Media has something the others don't?

Brash

Portal Member
July 28, 2009
how do i find out the information to put the channels in manually since mediaportal doesn't seem up to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom