Channels missing in client (1 Viewer)

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Hope someone will be able to assist me with the following problem. I think it is a bug.

TV Server shows all channel information and I can successfully preview any channel.
    Problem is that TV Client does not have any channels listed and no EPG data. The only way to see TV in die client is for me to manually start timeshift in server and then select the stream in die client. Funny thing is that the program data for that stream is then visible, but still nothing visible via EPG or channel list.

I have just uninstalled MP as wel as server and clientplugin. I have deleted the tvserver-database (MS SQL) and started from scratch with todays SVN (16014). Same result.

It worked fine on the SVN of 2007-09-05. i then upgraded to 2007-09-22 (or 20, not sure now) and suddenly the channels did not show in client. By the way - client on same PC as server (lets call it PC1).

I just installed MP on another network PC as well (lets call it PC2) to connect to same server running todays SVN (PC1). MP version of 2007-09-05 (on PC2) connects to server (PC1) and works without problems. Upgrade PC2 to todays SVN (MP and plugin) and the same problem happens. Seems therefore that the server is fine, but either MP or tvplugin have the problem.

The problem was also reported by Spragleknas in this thread. I have decided to start a new bug thread since it is not specific to that release anymore.

MediaPortal Version: 0.2.3 RC2 and TV3
    MediaPortal Skin: Bluetwo
    Windows Version: XP SP2
    CPU Type: Intel Core2Due
    HDD: 250gb SATA
    Memory: 2048mb
    Motherboard: Intel
    Video Card: onboard
    Sound Card: onboard intel HD
    Sound Card AC3: 6 channel rca to amp
    1. TV Card: Hauppauge Wintv PVR-150
    Remote: MCE via IRTrans
    TV: 37" LCD
    TV - HTPC Connection: vga

gibman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 4, 2006
    Aarhus
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I take it this only happens with analogue setups right ?
    I'm only on dvb, so I cant help u that much :(

/Gibman

level20peon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 4, 2007
    Aachen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have the same problem with DVB-C. So it doesn't seem to be an analogue only bug.

-level20peon

bjhans

Portal Member
    April 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Same problem with my dvb-t setup. I'm running Vista.

bjhans

gibman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 4, 2006
    Aarhus
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    could anyone here with these problems post some SQL stuff for one of those channels not appearing.

tables of interest are;
    channel (visibleinguide=true is important)
    tuningdetails

/Gibman

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom