[no Bug] Charset (1 Viewer)

erotomania

Portal Member
December 27, 2010
izmir
Home Country
Turkey Turkey
When a text includes turkish chars like ı,İ,ş,Ş,ğ,Ğ mepo set font arial for that text. This happens in all skins. Any suggestion please?

arion_p

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2007
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    This is expected behaviour.

You have set the UI language to English. The English (western) character set does not contain the characters you mention in your first post. When MP encounters character outside the selected language's character set, it reverts to compatibility text rendering mode and that uses default fonts.

MP internally uses Direct3D textures to render text, and these can use up a lot of GPU memory. To conserve GPU memory, only a limited number of characters are supported (the limit is defined in the language file of the configured UI Language).

You should probably switch to Turkish UI language.

If you want you MP UI to be in English, edit MediaPortal.xml (e.g. using notepad), find the section named "debug" and add the following line inside the section:
    Code:
    <entry name="useExtendedCharsWithStandardCulture">255</entry>
    If there is no "debug" section just add one after the last section, like this:
    Code:
    <section name="debug">
      <entry name="useExtendedCharsWithStandardCulture">255</entry>
    </section>

erotomania

Portal Member
    December 27, 2010
    izmir
    Home Country
    Turkey Turkey
    Can i change default font style, because i edit arial font and solved charset problem. But one thing i can only change the size of the font i can't make it bold. Is there a way change style of font when the default font selected.

<entry name="useExtendedCharsWithStandardCulture">255</entry> changed the value 255 to 380 and worked. Thanx

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

There is an issue with missing #fanarthandler.movie.clearart.selected path value when MovingPictures loads a list of movies. When the movie is changed from the first item in the list, the value populates. I have a working solution to this issue and it requires an update to the Cornerstone.MP.Extensions project class...
    There is an issue with missing #fanarthandler.movie.clearart.selected path value when MovingPictures loads a list of movies. When...
    There is an issue with missing #fanarthandler.movie.clearart.selected path value when MovingPictures loads a list of movies. When...
    Replies
    Views
    Well, there is nothing wrong in the log. I have personaly tested the bitstreaming after DVD resume, and I can confirm that the LAV audiodecoder shows status 'bistreaming' on the output. What is your LAV status?
    Well, there is nothing wrong in the log. I have personaly tested the bitstreaming after DVD resume, and I can confirm that the LAV...
    My apologies for posting two separate issues in one posting, however, the logs I have cover both. 1. Resume playback of...
    Replies
    Views
    I have not experienced that myself, and I don't know of any reason why that might occur (but my knowledge of how TV Server works is not extensive). It is strange that you mention this because there are now four DVB-T channels in the UK that behave in the same way (this is new for the UK). I think that these might be some sort of...
    I have not experienced that myself, and I don't know of any reason why that might occur (but my knowledge of how TV Server works is...
    I am running MePo 1.32 X86 on Windows 11 Ryzen 9 7900X 32GB DDR5 RAM 1TB NVME Boot Drive 4TB NVME Data drive RTX 3060 12GB I have...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 MP2 - V2.5 Media Source DE
    @Brownard, just a stupid question. Yes it works now by manually entering the path. However when i try to edit the settings (like because i want to disable the share watch) I can select my Media Source, however i seems to only briefly been shown and the goes back to the list. So i cannot actually edit it. Can et bee due to the "long"...
    @Brownard, just a stupid question. Yes it works now by manually entering the path. However when i try to edit the settings (like...
    I had to replace my NAS and after reinstalling a new one i thought. Lets modify the Media Source. - However that did not work "if"...
    Replies
    Views
    So far I needed to limit the media items to respect the token limit of ChatGPT. Now the complete media items can be used, because the movie list is splitted into chunks of a specified size and responses for each chunk are concentrated into the result list :) private async Task<string> GenerateResponseWithGPT(string searchQuery...
    So far I needed to limit the media items to respect the token limit of ChatGPT. Now the complete media items can be used, because...
    Hi, I'm planning to write a plugin for MediaPortal 2, that supports users to find the right media items with help of AI...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom