"check for missing artwork" button does nothing? (1 Viewer)

vl002001

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    A few of my movies are missing their fanart (they exist on themoviedb.org), and when I try to manually download them through the GUI, it does nothing. Is this a known problem?

Also, it would be very cool if we could download multiple fanart files and be able to cycle them with the GUI like we can with the coverart. I'm sure you guys are probably working on that though. Great work! Aside from a few small things, the new version has been running like a dream! thanks!

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Yeah better fanart support is coming. As for the fanart not downloading, can you give me a specific example? Which movie? Does the update artwork button work from the config screen? And can you post any log files?

vl002001

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Happens to maybe a dozen of my movies, some examples are

The Hurricane
    The Hustler (1961)
    The Proposition
    Road to Perdition
    Psycho (1960)
    Peuple migrateur, Le (2001)
    Jûbei ninpûchô (1993)

the log says that some of the backdrops have too low resolution, but it fails to pick up the second backdrop which is of proper resolution. then it seems to stop trying after about 3 failures instead of going for the rest.

thanks for the help!

vl002001

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    bumpin to see if others have this problem. i'll submit a bug report if i'm not the only one.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    Go ahead and create an issue for it. This is a flaw in the backdrop provider for themoviedb.org, currently it is always only looking at the first backdrop available and that is it. In you case these are not passing one of the internal checks so the provider fails. We can change this for 0.7 I think.

vl002001

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    done, thanks!

anyway, I submitted the error for it not downloading the second instance of fanart when the first is too small, but there seems to be 2 problems. this problem, and then some of my fanart just isn't downloading even though the resolutions are fine.

Shoulderlean in the thread "Backdrop not showing up" seems to be talking about the second problem, so hopefully someone can resolve it there.

thanks again!:D

Jeditrav

Portal Pro
    May 17, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Maybe I'm missing something, but where is this 'check for missing artwork'/'update artwork' button located? Can't find it anywhere...

Jeditrav

Portal Pro
    May 17, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Would be great if this option was available within the configuration :D

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    On launch of both the config and the GUI it scans in the background for for new artwork for any movie that has 0 covers or 0 backdrops. You can also scan on a movie by movie basis. This will be a little more clear in 0.7 though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom