Chinese Title support (1 Viewer)

cokeseven

August 3, 2005
This is my first time installed Media Portal. I find it is a user friendly, powerful os to control my HTPC. But it seen can not support Chinese at all. Is it any plug-in to add?

Thanks in advance.

tomtom21000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Germany
    I am afraid support of chinese is not supported yet.

Problem is, that mp makes graphics of every letter (sign) and the qualitiy decreases with the number of signs to keep.
    So, i believe, chinese will be extremely hard.

You can do a search on the forums on "unicode" and "hebrew" to get more details about the problems. You can find a (partly) successfulll way to display song names etc. in hebrew, also some better descriptions of the problem by the dev team.

I hope this problem gets solved one day.

tomtom

cokeseven

August 3, 2005
    Thanks your reply.

I'm not a programmer so I can't add the string by risk.

Heard that the chinese version MCE will release at late September. Hope MP will add unicode in near future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

• Article
    Ok, thanks :)
    Ok, thanks :)
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.4.1 MediaPortal 2.4.1 is a full-blown media center software that addresses most common user...
    Replies
    Views
    I just came across WiFi Remote in a roundabout way. I am looking for a way to remotely control my HTPC, which is located in my home theatre room with a beamer and has Media Portal installed, from the living room, where there is a TV that is connected to the HTPC. Unfortunately, I don't know how to do this remote control once the...
    I just came across WiFi Remote in a roundabout way. I am looking for a way to remotely control my HTPC, which is located in my home...
    I just came across WiFi Remote in a roundabout way. I am looking for a way to remotely control my HTPC, which is located in my home...
    Replies
    Views
    So most probably it was your ip blacklisted and cleared again. Some websites are blocking for hours and some are for days. Ok then, enjoy :)
    So most probably it was your ip blacklisted and cleared again. Some websites are blocking for hours and some are for days. Ok then...
    Hi everyone. My name is Kivanc and I am the developer of Tempest EPG Generator which is a single php file xmltv formatted epg...
    Replies
    Views
    Perhaps it’s good to look here for WMC skin. In the wiki you find also further infos about setting up the media views. For further discussion it’s better to open another thread. I’ll mark the EPG topic as solved.
    Perhaps it’s good to look here for WMC skin. In the wiki you find also further infos about setting up the media views. For further...
    Hi there, Have just installed Media Portal 2 for a play around; mainly my interests are for watching/recording live FTA tv and...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 Watched indicator DE
    Hi, That is unfortunately not possible. I fear you have to mark them as watched manually. Maybe there is also a change with an data base editor (SQLite Editor), but it will be not easy and I can’t provide a manual, because I didn’t try yet.
    Hi, That is unfortunately not possible. I fear you have to mark them as watched manually. Maybe there is also a change with an data...
    Hi I am new to Media Portal and it looks great. Just a question.. I want to use it to watch a lot of tv series and movies that I...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom