Choosing between these sound cards.. (1 Viewer)

Sy[N]tH

Portal Member
July 12, 2006
Home Country
Canada Canada
Alright guys, I finally connected my HTPC to a 5.1 DD/DTS Pioneer receiver, and noticed some crackling and average sound quality from my onboard chipset (Radeon Xpress 200)...

This led me to the following conclusion: I want a soundcard, that fits my budget.

I will play the odd game here and there, but it's mostly for music and movies. Music being lossless formats and high bitrate mp3s (and original CDs), and movies, well, you get the picture (DD,DTS).

My choices:

- Auzentech XMystique DDL 7.1, pricematched @ CAD 85.00$

- M-Audio Revolution 5.1 @ CAD 95.00$

- Audigy MusicExtreme @ pricematched CAD 85.00$

I was going for the Auzentech, because of the digital I/O (especially the optical, supported by my receiver), and feel very strongly about that card... I just need somewhat of a seal of approval, or not, by you guys.

Cheers !

NLS

Portal Pro
April 26, 2006
Home Country
Greece Greece
The first is by far the best of the three.

You have 7.1 (obvious).
And it is DDL (GREAT).

And compare this:

revo51.jpg

to this:

xoxide_1912_99623138

no comparison

PayneX

Portal Member
September 14, 2006
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I'm probably stating the obvious here, but if you want to play games only Creative have the proprietary EAX standard support. It sucks but it's just the way it is.

roosterx

Portal Pro
April 24, 2006
Högsäter, Sweden
Home Country
Norway Norway
I've had Creative since my first sb16, then sb32awe, sblive, audigy 1 & 2, everyone has worked flawless for me, with the exeption of 1 burned audigy 1 card(unofficial BIG problem with that card and Via chipsets and sensitive for electrical spikes on the pci bus -> firmware erase ;)) But rma fiixed that.

I would not be scared to buy a creative soundcard again - but i would probably buy the one with dolby digital live... just because it is a nice feature :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom