Choosing Tuner to record show? (1 Viewer)

jackelmatador

Portal Member
April 26, 2006
Hello All,

I have been messing around with Media Portal after taking some time off because I am about ready to kill BeyondTV. I have to say the improvements made in 6 months are HUGE!!!

Back on topic the problem I am having is that I need to be able to select the appropriate tuner to record a show (I currently have the PVR500 installed). The reason for this is because it is connected to my dual tuner satellite box VIP311. On this satellite box the first tuner is controlled via standard IR frequencies and USB-UIRT can change the channel. However, for the second tuner it is a UHF frequency and a timer must be created so that the tuner changes the channel on its own.

The only solution I have seen so far is to set the priority of card 1 higher than card 2. If I do this I assume card one will always record first. What happens if I am watching a show on card 1, will card 2 be used? Then I need to adjust my recording priorities and make a not of shows that are on at the same time, and can I safely assume card 2 will record these?

Last quick question. Is there any way to setup a recording to record on a specific channel, but only on a certain day?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom