Choppy/blank video, no EPG, no SerialUIR (1 Viewer)

seldomshaven

October 28, 2006
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0-based/svn--10-28-2006--00-59-Rev11370 (actually reports as 0.2.1.0)
Windows Version: Windows XP SP2
CPU Type: Intel Celeron 2.66GHz
HDD: 160Gb
Memory: 512Mb
Motherboard: AOpen XC Cube AV IIa
Motherboard Chipset: unknown (see above)
Motherboard Bios: see above
Video Card: NVidia GeForce4 MX 4000
Video Card Driver: 9.1.4.7
Sound Card: Realtek AC'97 Audio
Sound Card AC3: unknown
Sound Card Driver: unknown
1. TV Card: Hauppage NOVA-T 500
1. TV Card Type: DVB-T Twin-tuner
1. TV Card Driver: 4.1.24118.0
MPEG2 Video Codec: MPV / Intervideo NonCSS
MPEG2 Audio Codec: MPA / Intervideo NonCSS
HTPC Case: AOPen XC Cube AV IIa
TV - HTPC Connection: VGA (640x480)

I've installed the TV Server, and the latest MediaPortal snapshot (I think - the instructions state "use the latest SVN snapshot, NOT 0.2.1.0), but the 0.2.0.0 snapshot I've downloaded claims to be 0.2.1.0...

- There are no programs displayed in the EPG.
- When switching on TV, it sometimes says "no video/audio detected", sometimes "switches on" but displays nothing, sometimes plays some audio but no video.
- When switching to a particular channel, some channels display correctly, some are extremely choppy, some only give audio, some give only video, most seem to give neither.
- The SerialUIR remote makes "click" sounds but doesn't actually do anything (feature release 0.2.1.0 has the same behaviour, stable release 0.2.0.4 has working SerialUIR).
- Having switch to MPV decoder to check whether it behaves any better, I notice that it gets the aspect ratio wrong for some channels/recordings.

Because of the SerialUIR issue, I've been running 0.2.0.4 with the TVCardDefinitions from 0.2.1.0, but that seems to have severe CPU usage issues with this TV tuner card (old HVR-1100 was fine) when playing live TV. TV server doesn't seem to have that, it's just that most TV channels don't playback at all!

Happy to provide any log files, diagnostics, etc that might help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom