[confirm] Choppy, Blocky dropping frames etc.. (1 Viewer)

thesystemera

Portal Pro
May 26, 2008
Auckland
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
MediaPortal Version: 1.1
MediaPortal Skin: Black Glass
Windows Version: Windows 7 64bit
CPU Type: Quad Core 9550+ Declocked
HDD: 80GB WD + 1500GB WD Green
Memory: 2 x 1GB DDR2 800
Motherboard: Gigabyte MA78GM
Video Card: Onboard ATI 4200
Video Card Driver: Catalyst 10.3
Sound Card: Onboard Realtek AC97
Sound Card AC3: HDMI, Optical, traditional
Sound Card Driver: Realtek
1. TV Card: WinTV Nova TD 500
1. TV Card Type:
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card: WinTV PVR 150
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: Cyberlink 9x + ffdShow upscake
MPEG2 Audio Codec: ffdShow 5.1
h.264 Video Codec: Cyberlink 9.x
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case: Antec Fusion Remote Black + IMod display
Cooling: EasyTune 6
Power Supply: Antec Earthwatts 420w
Remote: RM200 Custom for Antec Fusion
TV: 42inch 1366 x 768 Acer
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

Hi, am working on building a Windows 7 system with the latest RC1 and am having some very strange problems..

Basically my H.264 TV playback is getting strange artefacts. Occasional green flashes, blocky patches, frame drops and more..

If you have ever seen a corrupt AVI would be the best way to describe it... This happens only on TV..

Now I"m an experienced MediaPortal user and have played around long enough to know what works.. Am currently using the latest ATI drivers, though did go back to good old 9.6. Have tried all available codecs Cyberlink 9 in the SAF 4.0 and SAF 5.0 packages, even ffdShow software codecs to test if it was the HA causing it, but with still no prevail.

If I didn't know any better I'd say I was getting a shaky signal, but I have a Windows Vista 32bit system here with the same tuner card and essentially the same set-up with no problem.

Please tell me what logs I should provide, I have looked up and down in the forums for a solution and have had no luck... I'm hoping it's not a 64bit thing...

PS: have also trued the new core.dll with no prevail. PLEASE!!! :eek: :D
PPS: Video's in H.264 work fine with out any of these problems.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Please tell me what logs I should provide, I have looked up and down in the forums for a solution and have had no luck... I'm hoping it's not a 64bit thing...

All... but my bet is on that the TsReader.log will show discontinuities with the transport stream.

Kotik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2009
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece

All... but my bet is on that the TsReader.log will show discontinuities with the transport stream.

Tourettes from your experience, what might be the cause of those discontinuities? Might it be a faulty LNB? or the DVBS card itself.

I got a SkyStar HD 2 myself and i am getting those issues while a friend of mine has a SkyStar HD (not the 2) and has no issues at all.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

Tourettes from your experience, what might be the cause of those discontinuities? Might it be a faulty LNB? or the DVBS card itself.

I got a SkyStar HD 2 myself and i am getting those issues while a friend of mine has a SkyStar HD (not the 2) and has no issues at all.

The logs may actually tell us, which is why we ask for them:

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...stemspecs-will-get-your-thread-deleted-77797/

Sorry to be taking a hard line on this, but anything without logs is pure guesswork.

Mark

Kotik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2009
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    I do realize that with no logs it is hard to pin point the issue but since atm i am at work and not able to provide them i did ask if a faulty LNB could be the issue.

I am asking more out of curiosity rather than in a need for a solution to my problem.

romuz

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 26, 2008
    Moskau
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    hi thesystemera
    to exclude hardware latency issues check your system with DPC Latency Checker
    if it has latency issues.
    On my system i reverted back my server to xp because same system works nice on xp and has latency issues on w7 (bad driers i think)

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005

I have no DVB-S, but anything in the HW chain can cause the transport stream discontinuity issue (basicly either dropped or corrupted data).

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    hi thesystemera
    On my system i reverted back my server to xp because same system works nice on xp and has latency issues on w7 (bad driers i think)

If you still would have W7, you could disable device by one and check if the latency issue goes away (that way you can pin point the faulty driver). Currently at least 5xxx ATI series have troubles with their drivers and DPC (deferred procedure call, "driver worker thread") latency. In the past WLAN and audio drivers have been big source for those.

romuz

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 26, 2008
    Moskau
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    hi thesystemera

If you still would have W7, you could disable device by one and check if the latency issue goes away (that way you can pin point the faulty driver). Currently at least 5xxx ATI series have troubles with their drivers and DPC (deferred procedure call, "driver worker thread") latency. In the past WLAN and audio drivers have been big source for those.

im going to continue my ivestigation on it
    but for now i disabled all not important things and no luck (even upgraded onboard realtek network card (which cause latency in xp) with intel network card which gave me low flat latency in xp) now im blame internal intel g31 grapfics driver.
    For now its not so important because its just server, my client has no issues with win 7.
    But ill continue my research for fun (i just prepeared dual boot on my server for it)

PS and another time :D for pointing to dpc it was a huge boost in resolution of my discontinuity issues:)

Kotik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2009
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    I have no DVB-S, but anything in the HW chain can cause the transport stream discontinuity issue (basicly either dropped or corrupted data).

Thank you for the reply. Will investigate further.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom