Choppy Live HD tv with EEE Box (1 Viewer)

UlrikL

Portal Member
December 3, 2009
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Hey everyone,

I have spend a lot of time getting live hd tv to run smooth, I have tried all kind of drivers, and just wanna hear if anyone could give a hint, becuase the Asus Eee Box is really great as a htpc :)

1080p plays totally fine with MPC as filter also with subtitles and everything. Also live tv works fine, but when i try to play live hd tv i get the following result:

CoreAVC, FFDShow Audio Decoder: Pretty smooth picture (but still not totally smooth), but sound is way out of sync (also tried with other audio decoders)

Cyberlink H.264/AVC Decoder(Techno Trend) / Cyp: Really choppy but in sync. I hope dxva is enabled, went to mpc and set PDVD9 as the default codec, right clicked selected filter, selected PDVD, and ticked the enable dxva box. But i am not sure if this is a global setting or only for mpc, and I am playing live tv through mp.

When playing with PDVD and MediaPortal in window mode, I see the cpu going from 25% to at 35%. But what i realized is that before each chop, the whole screen flickers black and not only in the playing area, but the cpu also peak to about 42% at the same time. Can it something else causing chopping with PDVD than hardware limitation, the Nvidia display driver also fails after 10 minutes of chopping play? Anyone have any idea, it chops more in fullscreen than windowed?

Can it maybe the hd? The tv-server is running on the same eeebox as the client.

Btw: I run the latest version of Nvidia driver.

Asus Eee Box EB1012
MediaPortal Version: 1.1 Beta
CPU Type: dual core Intel Atom 330 CPU
Memory: 2 gb
Video Card: Nvidia ION

Kind Regard
Ulrik

naich

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 6, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi ulrikL!

I use PowerDVD as H.264 codec (but I use MP 1.02). Works perfekt on my EeeBox 1012. and yes this box is a perfekt client for MP.

cu

naich

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 6, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yes also for live HDTV. But I've a dedicated TV Server. So it's not the same setup I#m afraid.

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Which OS are you running? And is it only HD-channels that there is a problem with, or is it also SD-channels?

UlrikL

Portal Member
    December 3, 2009
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Okay, there is something to try out :) Can I ask you I you installed PowerDVD9? 8? Cyberlink Codec Pack? SAF? Or how did you get your codec, mine came through installation of my TechnoTrend box, and may be a different version than yours? Have you changed any settings for the codec? Thanks you.

I am running Windows 7, it is only HD channels i seem to have the problem with. But I am not sure if the other channels is in SD, it is Yousee, and all channels seems to run fine but DR HD is the one i am having problems with.

UlrikL

Portal Member
    December 3, 2009
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Okay thank you, i will try and install SAF tomorrow, just understood that you have to unlock SAF or something to use it with live tv? Guess you also running Windows 7 as it came default?

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    The built-in Microsoft DTV-DVD codecs works really well with Windows 7. I think that MediaPortal currently has an issue with PowerDVD and danish channels...

UlrikL

Portal Member
    December 3, 2009
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I cant get the Microsoft DTV-DVD to work at all for live tv. But I will give a try again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom