Cinergy S2 detected as SkyStar2 (1 Viewer)

eborn

January 3, 2010
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
MediaPortal Version: 1.0.2
MediaPortal Skin: BlueWide
Windows Version: XP SP3
CPU Type: Intel Core2Duo E2200
HDD: Seagate 80GB
Memory: Kingston DDR 2GB PC6400
Motherboard: Asus
Video Card: Nvidia Geforce 9300i
Video Card Driver: 196.21
Sound Card: Onboard NVIDIA
Sound Card AC3: -
Sound Card Driver: -
1. TV Card: Terratec Cinergy S2 HD
1. TV Card Type: DVB-S2
1. TV Card Driver: 1.01.01.901
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec:
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
h.264 Video Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Astra 19.2°E / Astra 23.5°E
HTPC Case: CoolerMaster RC-260
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote:
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

Today, for some unknown reason, my Cinergy S2 TV card stopped working. After a reboot, the TV client showed a 'No cards free for timeshifting' message.

'Suddenly' my card seems to be detected as a SkyStar 2 card and initialisation failed. The configuration worked fine for the last few months, so the card should just work. After the problem occured, I tried to re-install, both 1.0.2 as 1.1.0. But that didn't help.

I've attached my tv.log file. Why would the TVServer detect my card as a SkyStar 2? The correct driver has been installed and the correct Vendor and Device ID's show up under the hardware manager.

My previous card (which I swapped out months ago) was a SkyStar 2, but I've removed all drivers and the device has been working fine for some time now...

Btw, after the problems started, I've installed the software for the Cinergy S2 and that shows that the card works.

eborn

January 3, 2010
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Problem fixed: turns out there was a DirectShow filter from my SkyStar 2 still registered (B2C2 MPEG-2 Source,0x00400000,0,6,Sky2PCAVSrc.ax,). I removed it with DirectShow Filter Manager and now TVServer correctly detects my Cinergy S2 Mantis card again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom