Votes: 0 0.0%
  • E) Don't remove any topics

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Elconejo

Portal Pro
May 9, 2005
Belgium
It’s getting difficult to search in the forum because of the large amount of topics.
With the upcoming 0.2 version of MP it would be nice if the forum got cleaned.
My suggestion is to remove the older or irrelevant topics.

A) Remove inactive topics (>6 months) or related to older (0.1.2) MP versions
B) Remove inactive topics (>12 months) or related to older (0.1.2) MP versions
C) Only remove inactive topics (>6 months)
D) Only remove inactive topics (>12 months)
E) Don't remove any topics

Maybe a removal of topics related to all older MP versions including 0.1.3 would be a bit extreme. I don't think everyone will use the latest version (0.2).

Any other suggestions?

mikael

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 30, 2005
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Maybe an stupid idea.... but why not start from scratch with a new forum with the 0.2 release?

I would like to see another structure of the forums based on the basic components in MP. Something like this:

SUPPORT/BUGS

* My Music
    * My TV
    * My Pictures
    * My Weather
    * Other plugins
    * Configuration
    * Installation
    * Hardware

DEVELOPMENT/FEATURE REQUEST

* My Music
    * My TV
    * User Interface / Skin development
    * Hardware support
    and so on...

Bad idea?

ASiDiE

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2005
    USA
    I like mikaels idea of starting a new forum for 0.2 final so people can find bugs and fixes for the version most people will be on. I kind of seeing it like the Test team has it for each RC Release. This way, everyone would be on the same page and its very possible, bugs would get detected and fixed faster.

moullas

Portal Pro
    January 15, 2005
    Home Country
    Cyprus Cyprus
    It's a good idea, if relevant things get moved to the Wiki and then get removed though.. i think the good posts still save the support people time.

Maybe a cleanup of irrelevant posts (like thank replies or bitching) and a consolidation of relevant posts could better serve the MP cause!

Efros

Portal Pro
    January 23, 2006
    Maine
    Home Country
    England England
    Difficult to do this arbitrarily as there are still some issues after 12 months that are relevant. It would have to be done on a topic by topic basis which means huge amounts of work for someone. I think that an archive would be useful, after 6 months inactivity the thread is purged from the active forum and deposited in a read only archive.

trosty

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 6, 2004
    Zurich/Switzerland
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    mikael said:
    Maybe an stupid idea.... but why not start from scratch with a new forum with the 0.2 release?

(...)

Bad idea?

Good idea! Don't really start from scratch but archivate all old topics in a "read only" subforum that is not included in the search index (or maybe has a different one (if that is possible)).

As the wiki is developing right now all the important information should be gathered there by then - and for the few things that might be missing there will be the archivated posts (that hopefully will be transferred to the wiki step-by-step as well).

Elconejo

Portal Pro
    May 9, 2005
    Belgium
    mikael said:

I like this idea. A structure like the testforum would be nice. Every big release (0.1.3 , 0.2,...) would have its own section.

Great idea !

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom