h.264 Video Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote:
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection:

I am am struggling with scanning clear Qam channels, I used the Standard selection and my tuner finds 300+ channels, If I click to remove scrambled ones, some of the ones that are not scrambled, get removed, I should be getting about 20 channels, and ever ytime I scan with either of the dual tuners I find more channels, at one point I was up to over 500 channels for both tuners.

The problem is I have to check each channel to see if it's a channel that even works, then I have to map it. and once I map it, if I ever scan the channels again, it find 30 more and updates the ones I have already mapped. I must be missing something here. I could not find my HD ABC channel, I thought I had checked all the unknown's, but I must have missed it, so I rescanned and it found 30 more, and I check those and it wasn't there, etc, etc.

Am I doing something wrong? to be honest, if I could somehow get the info for the 20 or so channels I should be getting over clear qam, I would just add them myself and not bother scanning.

riksmith

Portal Pro
April 18, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Here is how i understand your question:
When you scan for channels you get a lot of channels.
Some of them are FTA and others are protected.

The option you chose (remove scrambled) removed all channels that have protection. That means it does not check if you can view it, i only looks at the flag. If you for instance have a smartcard which will allow you to watch the protected channels it will still delete those channels.

There is also a button "test timeshifting". That will test each channel that is ticked, to see if you can view it (What you are doing manually). If it does not work it will untick the channel so it will not show up in the guide.

Your question about the mapping i do not understand. Do you mean mapping the channel to several card? And what gets updated?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom