Click, FWD, REV, PLAY Vid starts over (1 Viewer)

omayhemo

Portal Member
August 13, 2009
It appears that scrubbing the time line is impossible. Is this a bug or just my configuration?
For instance, I attempt to play a Flash video and I want to fast forward a bit into the video. When I click fast forward, it begins fast forwarding from the beginning of the video. When I click play again to stop the fast forward when I reach the position in the time line I wish to play, the video starts again at the beginning.

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    People, think about it, playback of a webstream is NOT the same as playing a local file. On most internet streams, skipping, seeking, fast forward, time jump or whatever will not work. The file is not fully available on your hard disk, it is progressivly streamed to your pc from some server.

omayhemo

Portal Member
    August 13, 2009
    :mad:
    Well, this people thought about it pretty thoroughly, I'm entirely sure scrubbing flash video is possible.

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    No hard feelings. You were just about the xth to ask...

If you are playing flash video with an adobe flash player and the server hosting the file allows seeking, then you are right.

But, DirectShow Playback as used in MediaPortal needs filters that support seeking from an url. If you find/write one you'd make a lot of people happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom