Clickfinder channelmapping offers much less channels then available in clickfinder (1 Viewer)

sunflower

Portal Pro
February 28, 2007
Cologne
Home Country
Germany Germany
I recognized that the actual clickfinder software offers almost all channels available in Germany, (152 channels),
but the plugin offers only 76 channels for mapping.

Is there any way to correct this?

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    For MP's side the plugin only offers those channels for mapping which are "checked" in the channel list (marked as being visible in the TV Guide).

If you completely want to reset existing mappings you'd have execute a "delete from" TV Movie's channel mapping table and start setuptv again.

sunflower

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2007
    Cologne
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi RTV, thanks very much for your quick reply.
    Sorry, my question was misleading:

I didn't mean the MP-channels I wanted to map (the left side in the plugin) , i meant the clickfinder channels (the EPG channels) the plugin allows to map to (the right side). clickfinder offers more and more channels, but it seems to me that the plugin offers only the channels available when I first set up the plugin (And I reinstalled TV-Server - and Database - several times.

In the clickfinder software all the channels are there...

I wonder from which source the plugin gets the available clickfinder channels. When I open the clickfinder database (via odbc) I see 156 channels. Could it be that the clickfinder channels where stored in some xml file at installation time and the file was never updated?

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I wonder from which source the plugin gets the available clickfinder channels. When I open the clickfinder database (via odbc) I see 156 channels. Could it be that the clickfinder channels where stored in some xml file at installation time and the file was never updated?

My former post mentioned the "Delete from TvMovieMapping". This will reset all mappings. The plugin should repopulate that table from the TV Movie DB then.

sunflower

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2007
    Cologne
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi rtv thank you very much for your reply, but,
    sorry, this didn't work.
    I executed the delete from TvMovieMapping. The table is empty now.
    I reinstalled TvServer.
    Still the same (except the missing mapping). The plugin still reads only half of the available TvMovie Channels
    (76 out of 156).
    I could recreate the db, but....

I also wonder what table should be repopulated. I can't see anything in the TvLibrary database, that could contain this information. From my point of view it seems that the information on the right side of the tvmovie mapping plugin is retrieved directly from the TvMovie-database, bur only half of the information is retrieved. Or do you have any other idea from where the plugin could get the TvMovie channels when the mapping plugin is started?

Where can I see the source code?

Any help highly appreciated!

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I also wonder what table should be repopulated. I can't see anything in the TvLibrary database, that could contain this information. From my point of view it seems that the information on the right side of the tvmovie mapping plugin is retrieved directly from the TvMovie-database, bur only half of the information is retrieved. Or do you have any other idea from where the plugin could get the TvMovie channels when the mapping plugin is started?

Where can I see the source code?

Any help highly appreciated!

I just had a peek at the source code (TvMovieDatabase.cs):
    On every connect (OLEDB) MP executes this statement on TV Movie's DB:
    Code:
    SELECT Sender.SenderKennung FROM Sender WHERE (((Sender.Favorit)=-1)) ORDER BY Sender.SenderKennung DESC

Sorry, I did remember it wrong in the first place :oops:

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thank's rtv. That explains everything. :D

What would you recommend me to do now?

Hm.. Unfortunately mPod didn't leave a comment why he did the check for that favorite status...

Possibilities:
    1. You build your own version changing that statement to your needs
    2. You play around with the clickfinder app regarding the favorite setting of stations

If you get the slightest idea why the status is checked please tell us :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom