[further infos missing] Client crash after standby (1 Viewer)

Africa67

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 1, 2007
    Cinquefrondi
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    In Client / Server environment.
    If I send the Client in standby while the TV is on, power-off via the remote control, the next time you wake up, if the server is off, Mediaportal fails.
    If you run the same with the TV closed, eg from home, no problem, the server comes back on, and the client connects.
    This problem has appeared in version 1.3 alpha and later.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    In Client / Server environment.
    If I send the Client in standby while the TV is on, power-off via the remote control, the next time you wake up, if the server is off, Mediaportal fails.
    If you run the same with the TV closed, eg from home, no problem, the server comes back on, and the client connects.
    This problem has appeared in version 1.3 alpha and later.
    Not sure if this is a bug. When you turn off the Client while LiveTV is running, it probably tries to resume that stream when you power on the client. When the TV Server is down, the client can't connect to the TV Service (which it attempts for about 30 seconds), so that would explain why MediaPortal fails.

Either way we need full debug logs to see what's going on (see my signature on how to collect those)

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Quick peak @ the logs (but my French really is horrible!!) :eek:

- Please make sure you have the latest drivers for your FireDTV device installed
    - Disable the InfoService plugin and test again (lots of errors related to Twitter)

Africa67

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 1, 2007
    Cinquefrondi
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Thank you. I will do the test as I have requested. As soon as possible, will post the logs.

Africa67

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 1, 2007
    Cinquefrondi
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Here is the error recurs. I attach the logs. As advised, I have disabled the service but only the info on Twitter. (sorry for my english but it is translated by google)

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Here is the error recurs. I attach the logs. As advised, I have disabled the service but only the info on Twitter. (sorry for my english but it is translated by google)
    Please disable the entire InfoService plugin, so we know what causes the problem. It looks like you have a write privilige issue or something related to the RSS feed image.
    Additionally you can click the Advanced Config (bottom right) and check the cache folders (and you can try to clear the cache and test again).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom