Client Power Scheduler Not Working (1 Viewer)

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    TV-Server Version: 1.0 :D
    MediaPortal Version: 1.0 :D
    MediaPortal Skin: Blue 3 Wide Xmas
    Windows Version: XP Pro
    CPU Type: Inel C2D E4500
    HDD: WD Green
    Memory: 2Gb
    Motherboard:Asus P5KPL-VM
    Video Card: Radeon 3650
    Video Card Driver: Catalyst 8.12
    Sound Card: CMedia
    1. TV Card: Pinnacle 7010ix
    1. TV Card Type: Dual DVB-T / Dual DVB-S

See logs attached. Machine is not going into standby when it should even though PowerScheduler is enabled
    Code:
    2008-12-22 21:00:48.500000 [ERROR][MPMain]: Unable to start plugin:MediaPortal.Plugins.Process.PowerSchedulerClientPlugin exception:System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a receive. ---> System.IO.IOException: Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
       at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Receive(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags)
       at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
       at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
       at System.Net.PooledStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
       at System.Net.Connection.SyncRead(HttpWebRequest request, Boolean userRetrievedStream, Boolean probeRead)
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

Server stack trace: 
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Http.HttpClientTransportSink.ProcessResponseException(WebException webException, HttpWebResponse& response)
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Http.HttpClientTransportSink.ProcessMessage(IMessage msg, ITransportHeaders requestHeaders, Stream requestStream, ITransportHeaders& responseHeaders, Stream& responseStream)
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.SoapClientFormatterSink.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg)

Exception rethrown at [0]: 
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
       at TvEngine.PowerScheduler.Interfaces.IPowerController.RegisterRemote(String standbyHandlerURI, String wakeupHandlerURI)
       at MediaPortal.Plugins.Process.PowerScheduler.OnResume()
       at MediaPortal.Plugins.Process.PowerScheduler.Start()
       at MediaPortal.Plugins.Process.PowerSchedulerClientPlugin.Start()
       at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.PluginManager.Start()
    Turned firewall off based on this but still no joy.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    have you set the both Power Scheduler (server and client) ?
    Yep both set with same settings. I did not notice that exception was actually thrown in TV Engine plugin so I will do some more digging around there

this is a complete clean install including OS so should be ok...

I am guessing that if no-one else has same issue I need to figure out what is wierd about my seutp

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    TVserver standby\resume issues and how to troubleshoot.

I am writing this from a singleseat users perspective, but i believe some points would carry over to multiseat users as well.

You have setup Powerscheduler (TVServer plugin) and Powerscheduler client (Mediaportal plugin), and have enabled both with similar setting 5 minutes idle, suspend\hibernate set as standby choice, these have to be the same on both plugins.

For Full details see TV-Server/Configuration/Plugins/PowerScheduler - MediaPortal Manual Documentation

In Windows services, accessed within control panel\Administrative tools, select TVService properties\Recovery, enable the first 2 pulldowns to restart the service, the 3rd tab set to Restart the pc and apply

From now on all alterations are made within TVServer config, either in the general tab or PowerScheduler plugin, Mediaportal itself is not involved in the standby procedure, so please do not run whilst testing.

Another setting you may or may not need is reinitiliase tuner, this can play havoc with htpc's with more than one card, how can we get around it, well here's some little checks you can do yourself.

Step 1

First try, do not have reinitiliase tuner enabled.

Let powerscheduler put pc to sleep (no mediaportal running), once fully shutdown, awaken system from remote\keyboard.
    This is the point when it gets really awkward, but some simple methodical checks will get you through, firstly after resume can you access TVServer config, this tells you if all is well on the SQL side and the appropriate services are running :)
    Now open TVServer config\channels, select a known working channel and see if you can preview, if successful, then you are ready to go :), if not then go to manual tab select stop TVService, now restart, can you now preview channels, if so, then enable a delay detecting cards in the General tab, this can be anywhere fro 20-90 secs (last is extreme and i think you have other issues).

Step 2

Enable reinitiliase tuner

Repeat instructions in step 1, if preview now works then your tuner does need the reinitiliase option enabled, if not then stop\start TVServer and see if any preview of channels is then available, if it is, then enable delay detecting tuners under general tab as above.

Step 3

Multiple cards testing, this requires cards to be enabled\disabled within this screen setting.

Run steps 1 and if necessary step 2, on all cards individually, hopefully the results will be the same for all cards, if a delay detecting cards is needed, for more than one card, increase the delay by 10 seconds.

All of above needs to be tried with Suspend (recommended) and Hibernate, because all pc setups are not equal, so for some, suspend is fine, others need to use hibernate to achieve the same goals.

If none of the above will work for you, then look at MPStandbyHandler, this can help resolve some hardware problems that may exist, which will stop TVServer recognising your card correctly, these may be TVcard or network related, which are the 2 main problems.

All of the above assumes you have a fully updated Windows XP\Vista and using the latest drivers for your whole pc (unless ones known to be trouble :))

Knocked this up previously, never got around to publishing, something useful may come of the information contained.

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Do you have any other software running like virus protection, NOD32 for example had a recently problem that connection to TV-Server couldn't be established at all..

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    Do you have any other software running like virus protection, NOD32 for example had a recently problem that connection to TV-Server couldn't be established at all..
    I do have NOD32 installed....
    I can watch TV fine and I would have thought turning the firewall off would rule out it being the ESET firewall.

Will check again when I am back home to see if NOD32 has updated and sorted itself out

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom