Close button? (1 Viewer)

fitto

Portal Pro
July 6, 2007
Barcelona
Hi,

First things first: great skin!!! :D

Now: am I the only one missing the "close MediaPortal", "shut down Windows" or "restart Windows" buttons?
Or is it just me not being able to find them??? :confused:

Cheers!

fitto

Portal Pro
July 6, 2007
Barcelona
Ooops! Thanks!

I couldn't find it because I have the topbar disabled! I don't like the behaviour of topbar when using only remote, though it's fine for the ones using a mouse... Anyway, it's not skin-related!

For future releases, any chance of getting these buttons in home and/or basichome, without the need for the topbar?

Regards,

joystick

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    that's a skin issue,
    in various skins this is already implemented, e.g. Streamed MP in basic home etc.

SilentException

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    that's a skin issue,
    in various skins this is already implemented, e.g. Streamed MP in basic home etc.

it's hardly an issue, more like skin decision..

aj decided not to add those buttons in basichome at beginning.. there is space for them so we could probably do a basichome mod with those included..

joystick

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    that's a skin issue,

it's hardly an issue, more like skin decision..

aj decided not to add those buttons in basichome at beginning.. there is space for them so we could probably do a basichome mod with those included..
    yeah, thats correct issue was the wrong wording, I was actually seeing it as a task... :)

cheers

fitto

Portal Pro
    July 6, 2007
    Barcelona
    Hi,

That would be great, you've got my vote to include it in next version!

In the meantime, could a basichome item be mapped to launch the shutdown menu? Maybe it's easier...

Take care and keep it up!

SilentException

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    yup, it sure can.. this is how the basichome item should look like:

Code:
    <control>
    <description>8 - Button</description>
    <type>button</type>
    <id>9</id>
    <posX>940</posX>
    <posY>580</posY>
    <width>300</width>
    <height>180</height>
    <textureFocus>shutdown.png</textureFocus>
    <textureNoFocus>shutdown1.png</textureNoFocus>
    <action>99</action>
    <label></label>
    <onleft>8</onleft>
    <onup>5</onup>
    </control>
    <control>
    <description>8 - Icon</description>
    <type>image</type>
    <id>1</id>
    <posX>1025</posX>
    <posY>590</posY>
    <width>130</width>
    <height>130</height>
    <texture>shutdown1.jpeg</texture>
    </control>
    <control>
    <description>8 - Text</description>
    <type>label</type>
    <id>1</id>
    <posX>940</posX>
    <posY>720</posY>
    <width>300</width>
    <height>40</height>
    <label>Shutdown</label>
    <align>center</align>
    </control>
    <control>
    <description>8 - Image</description>
    <type>image</type>
    <id>1</id>
    <posX>1300</posX>
    <posY>260</posY>
    <width>580</width>
    <height>580</height>
    <texture>shutdown1.png</texture>
    <animation effect="fade" time="1000">VisibleChange</animation>
    <visible>Control.HasFocus(9)</visible>
    </control>

you'll just need to get graphics for menu (130x130px png) and hover (580x580px png) and replace the <texture> tags..

fitto

Portal Pro
    July 6, 2007
    Barcelona
    That's great!!! Thanks a lot!!!

Just one more thing: to add "close MP" (close app) functionality, we're going to need another button, right? It'd be great to have it together in the same "shutdown" menu, but we can leave that for the future, it's too much for a quick fix!

Take care!

Users who are viewing this thread