Close CD-tray with remote (1 Viewer)

oursin

Portal Member
March 22, 2007
Home Country
Norway Norway
Can't find a way to close the tray, only eject it. Found a exe-file that could work, but don't know how to run it with one single touch with my mce remote.

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    MCE Replacement plugin lets you launch executables from your MCE remote (amongst other things).

Cheers,

NickName

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 23, 2006
    Gold Coast
    Home Country
    I use the EXE mapped to the red teletext button on my MCE remote. It works great!
    (I say that 'tongue in cheek' as I wrote the EXE, haha)

It does do the job though. Funnilly enough, I have noticed that sometimes if MP is not responding, opening and closing the CD tray with the EXE, brings MP back to life!?
    Odd eh?

cheers,

Nick Name.

oursin

Portal Member
    March 22, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Thanx for the quick repons. Tried many plugins to make it work, but so far I only got a button under My plugins that says Eject :) Wich plugin do i need?

oursin

Portal Member
    March 22, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Thaks a lot!! Suddenly lots of other things to do as well with this superb plugin!

Peter2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hi,

I would like to be able to open/close the dvd tray with my remote. I have downloaded the 'CD/DVD Opener & Closer' utility + the 'MCE Replacement Plugin'. The utility works from withing the MCE replacement plugin as a macro but I cannot find a way to map this 'command' or macro to a button.

Can anyone help me please?
    :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Are you trying to use a remote control or a keyboard? You can customise your input devices using the "Remotes and Other Input Devices" section in "MP Config". Using the "HID" tab, you can: Customise your remote control, and/or Customise your keyboard. Select one or both devices, and then pick the config that you are going to use...
    Are you trying to use a remote control or a keyboard? You can customise your input devices using the "Remotes and Other Input...
    Is there some way to change the raw mapping of the windows media center remote? With Hid Demo I find that the 'stop' button...
    Replies
    Views
    Debounce Registry Setting For anyone who wants to try the debounce registry setting, this is the setting: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\HidIr\Remotes\745a17a0-74d3-11d0-b6fe-00a0c90f57da] "EnableDebounce"=dword:00000001 There are several different values for the...
    Debounce Registry Setting For anyone who wants to try the debounce registry setting, this is the setting: Windows Registry Editor...
    I'm currently testing the new Sofabaton x1 remote control with which I want to replace my Harmony. Everything looks good so far...
    Replies
    Views
    Any other suggestions for this?
    Any other suggestions for this?
    I have Flirc and the Skip 1s remote sending volume +/- events. I prefer to rely on just the Windows volume control so in...
    Replies
    Views
    @Brownard another logs of failed installations. I'll take a look into the user management. Edit: I can confirm user management is completey broken with NET4 and NET6 :( Neither an existing profile can be selected nor a new one can be created.
    @Brownard another logs of failed installations. I'll take a look into the user management. Edit: I can confirm user management is...
    Description: Hi there. First of all, I appreciate all the effort in MediaPortal 2 release 2.5 - visible changes look great (eg...
    Replies
    Views
    The layout of remotes does vary from one model/brand to another. I too find that some layouts are better than others. Generally, I prefer the buttons that I use most-frequently to be positioned near the center of the remote, which is not the case with that particular Dell remote. :( Battery life is often a problem. A remote that I...
    The layout of remotes does vary from one model/brand to another. I too find that some layouts are better than others. Generally, I...
    In Dec 2020: I purchased 2 remotes for my new HTPC install, eg: HP USB MCE IR RC6 Wireless Receiver and TSGH-IR02 Windows Media...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom