Close Client Before Standby (1 Viewer)

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Anyone got any suggestions for closing the client before standby? I am having issues with the client not working properly on resume from standby and would like to close it before the machine goes into standby.

I have tried
    • MCE standby tool (MST)
    • setting MP to restart on resume
    • MPStandbyHandler
    but no option has actually worked yet.

MST managed to restart MP but I ended up with a black screen until I got into LiveTV and then everything started working again.
    MP does not always restart on resume and sometimes I just end up with the blue XP taskbar and the rest of the screen black. I have to alt+ctrl+del to kill MP.
    MPStandbyHandler actually made the machine refuse to go into standby at all

It looks like the best solution going forward would be to have the client close every time when going into standby and I can get the green button on the MCE remote to start MP.

Any ideas how I can do this?

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    MEDIAPORTAL - free media center - MpTrayMod that will start MP, just extract the necessary 4 files in the mediaportal directory, hit the install.bat and start MPTray manually, it will autoload on boot.

I just use the "restart mediaportal on resume nvidia blah blah" works well.

The version i'm using is definately better than RC4 for standby, the only downside is you either need to put into homescreen with no media playing, or go to home (not basichome) and select the power button to select standby, remote power button just does not put the correct settings in windows for correct standby\resume, but remote does resume fine.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    I just use the "restart mediaportal on resume nvidia blah blah" works well.
    Will see what 1.0 does but I have had a thought that it might have been the "turn monitor on on resume.." that might have been breaking it as my TV does not respond to that.

If I still have a problem with 1.0 then I guess I need to find a way of getting the MP Client to close first before going into standby which does not look that simple

johnlc

Portal Pro
    April 19, 2008
    Horsens
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    MP does not always restart on resume and sometimes I just end up with the blue XP taskbar and the rest of the screen black. I have to alt+ctrl+del to kill MP.

jameson, just wants to say that I started to expirience exactly the same on Vista - it started sometime around RC3/RC4, so I ended up going back to MP buld 20707, TVS 20697 these are the latest that I can get to work okay. And these builds are working for my needs.
    here has never been anything in the logs - MP simply didn't write anything.

jessgade

Portal Member
    August 22, 2007
    Had issues with resuming from standby on RC3/RC4. Black screen when trying to view TV-channels. Had to kill the MP process and restart the PC -So I was very worried about the performance of 1.0 final.
    But its seems like the guys fixed it! :)
    Furthermore it seems to enter standby way faster than it did before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom