United States of America United States of America
Started on: 2008-01-16
Last update:

Summary:

I wan't to add Closed Captioning

Area:

My TV

Description:

I know MP doesn't support CC using analog cable/broadcast because all the developers are in Europe.
I also know some have had some luck using ffdshow to get the subtitles, but that's an always on/off type workaround.

I really want a UI option to turn it on and off and I think I can program it but I don't know how to get started.
I took a look at the direct show graph using Grapheditplus, I noticed that teletext is implemented off the VBi line from my Hauppauge capture card. I also noticed that there is a kernel tee splitter between the two, which means I could hook up CC to the second split. I did just that using Grapheditplus and sent the output to the video renderer to check the results. It worked.

Now the question is, how can I implement what I did in Grapheditplus inside MP?
As far as I know I need to know the following,
Where in the source code are the graphs managed and controlled? I assume I can follow the same logic as teletext.

Once the functionality is implemented, how do I control it from the UI? Should I modify the My TV plugin, or can I implement another plugin that plugs into My TV?

Lastly now that 0.2.3 is stable I doubt anyone wants me to mess with it to put CC in, should I be setting my sights on 2.0 instead?

I'm a C# programmer but Direct X and TV isn't my specialty, nevertheless I use MP for my HTPC and I would like to add in the support. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

xvffx

Portal Pro
August 15, 2007
Home Country
Canada Canada
try zodiac's core cc parser

add it to the post processing

and voilia.... watch tv with cc

Vff

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom