Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    Hello.

Since I have nothing else to do ;) , I wrote a small tool called "Codec Lister" because I needed it. At the touch of a button, it lists all videos in a folder (including sub-folders), with video codec, resolution and file size. At the push of a button you can open the list in the editor and print, save or otherwise process it further.
    The tool is particularly useful if you want to organize your video collection, as you can see at a glance where codecs are still being used that you don't like or where the file size is still too large ... All videos individually treating with MediaInfo is far too time-consuming in the long run. That's why I wrote Codec Lister. It is bilingual, English and German.
    Zwischenablage-4.jpg

It starts in English. You have to switch it to German once, if you need to. A restart of the program is necessary for this. There are no other settings. Operation is child's play, you select a folder using the file requester and press "Let's go". You will now see a list of all videos in the selected folder generated. Meanwhile, the progress of the operation is displayed.
    Zwischenablage-5.jpg

When the operation is finished, you get the list you want and another button appears that opens the list in Notepad or whatever else you use as an editor. Here you can print it or save it for further use, if you like ... Otherwise the list is temporary and is deleted when the program is closed or another folder is selected. When you select a different folder, the button disappears until the new list has been generated. That is what it is intended for. to avoid operating errors.

Zwischenablage-6.jpg

The current version is 0.2.0.3

If anyone can use it, I'll attach the program here. Otherwise the tool is also available where our other programs are:

Attachments

• Codec-Lister_0.2.0.3.zip
      2.9 MB · Views: 0

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    Hi.
    There is a new version available. It now also lists the codec and channel numbers of the (first) audio track from the video file.
    And you can use it for audio- only files too. Supported file extensions are:

Video File Extentions =
    .mkv;.mk3d;.mp4;.avi;.ts;.mpg;.mpeg;.mov;.divx;.wmv;.flv;.wtv;*.dvr-ms

Audio File Extentions =
    .mp3;.flac;.wav;.m4a;.ogg;.mp2;.wma;.ac3;.ape;.aiff;.mpc;.vox;.wv;.webm;*.8svx

Attachments

• Codec-Lister_0.3.0.5.zip
      2.9 MB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread