Comicbook Plug-in reading cbz and cbr in Mediaportal (1 Viewer)

lipton

Portal Member
May 1, 2008
Hi to all comic book Lovers…
I found a seamless solution for reading comics.
Plugin called coview
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Small review:
CoView allows you to read comics almost in any format: it supports special comic file types such as CBR and CBZ, but also images stored in archives or simply saved in folders. You can browse through them and read just like you turn the pages of a real comic. Plus, with the zoom tool you won't miss a single detail of the drawings, and the bookmark tool will enable you to continue your reading just where you left it.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It asks for a little modding but at the end of the job you can see comic in Mediaportal.
To be honest I only found the program and the rest of the job was already done by framug
He created the Multishortcut plug-in and a nice tutorial…. Thx man!!!
So the program exists and the plug-in exists ….Put it in the mix and your got your own comic book plugin
But… The option buttons are not so easy to use white a remote except the Imonpad where you can change your remot from keyb to mouse...

But with a not changeble (keyb to mouse) enter button can change the page and that is good enough for reading a comic book
Therefore I was thinking to create a xml menu that can control the option buttons of this small program as a second layer.
So we can select the option buttons white the remote.
And a nice cover Tumb gallery to select a comic of your collection would be cool but that’s all extra
I'm not a skinner or a programmer but I do what I can....

Regards

Lipton

I would like to show you some screenshots and give you what you need and post it on the server but I don't know how:oops:

lipton

Portal Member
May 1, 2008
Here are the screenshots :

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    275.1 KB
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    199.6 KB
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    425.8 KB
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    21.9 KB
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    386.8 KB
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    386.8 KB
  • optioncoview.jpg
    optioncoview.jpg
    247.4 KB
  • 3_coview04.jpg
    3_coview04.jpg
    42.2 KB

jimwin

Portal Pro
December 23, 2007
Home Country
England England
Nice idea Lipton. I have done something similar on my own mediaportal using CDISPLAY as the comic reader, and also including an Auto Hotkey script to translate key presses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom