coming attractions page (1 Viewer)

A

Anonymous

Guest
Exellent idea. This has been discussed on xbmc forum, and the developer Guybrush had some intresting ideas of how this would work.

Quote
"And darkie, in your python script you are indeed parsing the website which could change over time, but take a look at:
http://www.apple.com/moviesxml/h/index.xml
or
http://www.apple.com/moviesxml/h/view1_all.xml
(set your user agent to "iTunes/4.5")

Sneaky eh?, XML is perfect for these kind of things ;)

iTunes uses these urls for trailers, so the format wont change or they will break their own application."

This quote has been taken from.
http://www.xboxmediaplayer.de/cgi-b...4320ad7d4ab6e163bb366e;act=ST;f=5;t=5598;st=0

Maby someone skilled programmer would like 2 make a plugin for myTrailer?
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
Odrike said:
Exellent idea. This has been discussed on xbmc forum, and the developer Guybrush had some intresting ideas of how this would work.

Quote
"And darkie, in your python script you are indeed parsing the website which could change over time, but take a look at:
http://www.apple.com/moviesxml/h/index.xml
or
http://www.apple.com/moviesxml/h/view1_all.xml
(set your user agent to "iTunes/4.5")

Sneaky eh?, XML is perfect for these kind of things ;)

iTunes uses these urls for trailers, so the format wont change or they will break their own application."

This quote has been taken from.
http://www.xboxmediaplayer.de/cgi-b...4320ad7d4ab6e163bb366e;act=ST;f=5;t=5598;st=0

Maby someone skilled programmer would like 2 make a plugin for myTrailer?

awesome!
 

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    1,772
    30
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Just FYI,

    If you use QuickTime Alternative *.MOV movies play nicely in MP...
    I manually pull down the streams and store them for TV playback so feature you guys are talking about would be very nice.

    DMAN.
     
    A

    Anonymous

    Guest
    dman_lfc said:
    Just FYI,

    If you use QuickTime Alternative *.MOV movies play nicely in MP...
    I manually pull down the streams and store them for TV playback so feature you guys are talking about would be very nice.

    DMAN.

    althought it would be better if the coming attractions feature could pull them directly off the apple trailers page
     
    A

    Anonymous

    Guest
    I've started working on a scrapper application to pull showtimes for local movie theatres. I can't find anything like xmltv for movies.
    movietickets.com has all AMC theatres.
    canada.com has all the other theatres for canada.

    I'm trying to select a good site to scrape from for testing. I'm thinking a config can define numberous sights and some parameters to help in the scrapping.
    What good site are there for movie listings? Anything else i'm missing?
    I'm kind of at the proof on concept stage.
     
    A

    Anonymous

    Guest
    knubile said:
    I've started working on a scrapper application to pull showtimes for local movie theatres. I can't find anything like xmltv for movies.
    movietickets.com has all AMC theatres.
    canada.com has all the other theatres for canada.

    I'm trying to select a good site to scrape from for testing. I'm thinking a config can define numberous sights and some parameters to help in the scrapping.
    What good site are there for movie listings? Anything else i'm missing?
    I'm kind of at the proof on concept stage.

    wow! keep up the work. thanks man.
     
    A

    Anonymous

    Guest
    Well, I can't really complete this plugin without a good selection of sites to scrape the info from.
    I can do it for my personal needs cause there's only a couple of theatres I go to in the Ottawa(Ontario, Canada) area.
    All the relevent information is at famousplayers.com and moviewatcher.com.
    I don't think that covers much in the states and definitely doesn't cover anything overseas.

    I'm looking for a good selection of sites to make sure the program works as expected.
    What sites do the readers of this forum go to for show time information?
     
    A

    Anonymous

    Guest
    You should try http://movies.yahoo.com/

    I know that the myHTPC/Meedio version of their plugin runs from yahoo. It works on Zip code and there are versions for about 15 countries which all work in a similar way, so it fairly easy to code for a lot of countries. The one above covers the USA and Canada.

    Australia and New Zealand http://au.movies.yahoo.com/

    If you want I can track the whole list for you.
     
    A

    Anonymous

    Guest
    That site looks like a good choice to start with. It doesn't cover the AMC theatres but that's alright.
    I'll start with that one.
    Thanks forbes
     

    Users who are viewing this thread

    Similar threads

    I solved it myself, by modifying the host IP-address in the server table of the database, MariaDB [(none)]> use mptvdb; Database changed MariaDB [mptvdb]> SELECT * FROM Server; +----------+----------+--------------+----------+ | idServer | isMaster | hostName | rtspPort | +----------+----------+--------------+----------+ |...
    I solved it myself, by modifying the host IP-address in the server table of the database, MariaDB [(none)]> use mptvdb; Database...
    Hello everyone, I'm going to need help from the community to resolve a TV server crash issue. I encountered a problem with my...
    Replies
    4
    Views
    325
    Thanks CyberSimian, that's fixed it (y) and also thanks to AJS for including the change in the next release.
    Thanks CyberSimian, that's fixed it (y) and also thanks to AJS for including the change in the next release.
    When using the List Layout for Argus TV Recorded TV the page count is above the bottom information bar, refer to attached...
    Replies
    4
    Views
    552
    Both the release announcement page and the corresponding news thread are incomplete with respect to installation of SQL Server. I suggest linking to the top-level SQL Server wiki page instead of enumerating the individual versions, which I plan to expand soon to include MS SQL Server Express 2019.
    Both the release announcement page and the corresponding news thread are incomplete with respect to installation of SQL Server. I...
    Both the release announcement page and the corresponding news thread are incomplete with respect to installation of SQL Server. I...
    Replies
    0
    Views
    800
    That's great. Glad there is no issue.
    That's great. Glad there is no issue.
    I am in the process of moving my media portal installation to a new PC running Windows 11. I open TV-Server configuration go to TV...
    Replies
    65
    Views
    7K
    If anyone ever experiences the above, I found a fix. Removing and reinstalling MP-TVSeries fixed it. It must have gotten corrupted during the reinstall of MP. I also had to do the same with TRAKT which had some issues too that were not apparent at the time. All is well once again. :cool:
    If anyone ever experiences the above, I found a fix. Removing and reinstalling MP-TVSeries fixed it. It must have gotten corrupted...
    After much trial and error and comparing this computer with another that was working, I finally found out that Fanarthandler...
    Replies
    1
    Views
    965
    Top Bottom