Community MODs

Discussion in 'X-Factor' started by cul8er, July 23, 2010.

1. cul8er
    • Premium Supporter

cul8er Retired Team Member

Ratings:
    +2,698 / 0
    Home Country:
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

Please post all community MODs here please. Let's all see how far we can push this skin ;)

Best Regards

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Lehmden
    • Premium Supporter

Lehmden Retired Team Member

Ratings:
    +3,618 / 28
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    AW: Community MODs

Hello all.
    I've done a little hack today to get thumbs as backdrops in myvideo listview.

As I have lots of Clips, Dokus, Homevideos,... not covered by Moving Pictures or TVSeries I prefer to see what's the video is all about instead looking at "Independence Day" over and over again ;) So I modified the myvideo.xml to show thumbnails as backdrop. There are modifications on 2 .png files delivered with X-Factor to get this good looking. The "myvideo_bg_list_noinfo.png" I've made a bit transparent so we can see the backdrop through the list. "myvideo_bg_list.png" has more space left to look through. And a new folder inside Media\Animations is created named "videos" containing the default backdrop(s) to show up if no Thumbnail is available at all.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

On Media Portal Settings -> General -> Thumbnails Quality Settings we should raise the Quality to maximum and create Thumbs with 3 columns and two rows.
    [​IMG]

Maybe someone is interested in this so I attached the modified files to this post. Just copy the files over the existing ones and don't forget to backup the originals. Just in case....

P.s. the pictures in the new "videos" folder are shot by me. You can use them inside Media Portal and for all Mediaportal related things. But don't modify or sell them, please.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!