Compile MP ok, but OurPlugin.dll doesn't show up (1 Viewer)

Phatteus

Portal Member
December 14, 2006
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I have followed directions from several different threads and finally got the MP code downloaded using Tortoise and compiled using VS 2005.

I created OurPlugin.dll according to https://www.team-mediaportal.com/articles/howtos/how_to_write_a_plugin.html

The plugin appears to compile ok, but after I copy it over to the xbmc\bin\Release\plugins\windows folder and run Configuration.exe, the plugin does not appear in the Plugins section. :confused:

I've scoured the forums but can't find anyone else having the problem.

What am I missing?!?

Phatteus

Portal Member
December 14, 2006
Home Country
Thanks, Sam.... The plugin in is a window plugin; I just followed instructions in the tutorial.

I triple checked and the dll is in the correct folder (c:\dev\mediaportal\xbmc\bin\Release\plugins\windows

To avoid any conflicts, I uninstalled my "regular" installed version of MP and then re-compiled the source.

Phatteus

Portal Member
December 14, 2006
Home Country
I went thru my registry and deleted everything relating to MP. Then recompiled MP and the plugin.

Aha! It now is appearing under Process plugins.

What am I doing incorrectly?

MrMad

Portal Pro
May 18, 2005
Göteborg
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I guess you have implemented the GetWindowId method:
Code:
public int GetWindowId()
{
  return 1234;
}

In your constructor you also need to set the same window id:

Code:
public PhatteusPlugin()
{
  GetID = (int)1234;
}

Now it should show up in the Windows plugins section.

Phatteus

Portal Member
December 14, 2006
Home Country
MrMad, you are absolutely correct- thanks!

I added that assignment in my class constructor and the plugin now appears where it should.

Somewhat off-topic: Is there a wiki article describing how to make a plugin? I would add this to the site's tutorial so others won't experience the same problem, but I can't see how to make modifications to the tutorial.

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom