Complete removal deleted MY OWN PROGRAMS! (1 Viewer)

jblomb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 17, 2007
    Sundsvall
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    ARGH!

I have been struggling with MP for a while, and decided to make a complete uninstall to make sure I started from scratch. I took backup of the settings, plugins etc I wanted to keep. In the Program/Team Mediaportal folder I had some programs/scripts I had made myself for xmltv, remote control etc.

To be sure I wouldn't lose anything, I made backups to Team Mediaportal/Backup folder of thumbs, channel settings etc.
    Doublechecked before uninstall....

Did the uninstall..
    ARGH Everything was lost. I hadn't expected a complete uninstall would remove ALL folders in the Team Mediaportal folder including my backups..... :-(

Well, well - whats done is done.. It will take a few days/weeks to get everything back, and hopefully even better than before.
    but Please!! To prevent someone else to make the same mistake... Could you/someone add an extra warning that everything in Team Mediaportal folder and the folder itself WILL be erased.

Just my two cents.. Otherwise I LOVE MP and I am doing my best to help :)
    /Blomman

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Sorry for your loss, but right from the early days it has always been recommended to backup important data to somewhere external to the pc's own drive.

How easily and costly this can be, in time if nothing else.

:oops:

jblomb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 17, 2007
    Sundsvall
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Thanks for your support :)
    Normally I'd change HDD before doing this, but since I hava 1950GB free (of 2000GB) I felt reluctant to do so.

At least I learned MY lession :-P

/B

:D

jblomb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 17, 2007
    Sundsvall
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    kk, thanks :)

I have installed much of it already, but I will give it a try.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom