Completed HTPC- P4 2.8E w/ XP Pro

Discussion in 'Completed HTPC Projects' started by thinksnow, November 7, 2005.

1. thinksnow

thinksnow New Member

Quality Assurance
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Home Country:
    United States of America United States of America
    I figured, "What better time to post about my completed HTPC than right before I tear it down to make a new one!" so here is the current system:

Pictures here
    P4 2.8E on a MSI 865PE Neo2,
    1.5GB GeIL DDR400 (2x512 + 2x256 in dual channel),
    3x 80GB WD SATA,
    I/O Magic IDVD16DD dual-layer, dual-format DVD burner
    Dvico Fusion5Lite & Hauppauge PVR-250,
    GF4 FX5200 VGA-out to VGA-in on the 50" Sony 50A10
    XP Pro, SP2
    MP 0.1.3.0
    WinDVD 5 Platinum
    Nero 6 Ultra Edition
    ffdshow

Everything set up pretty easily, except for the XMLTV, which I had to do quite a bit of trial and error to get set correctly. I'm in Ohio, Eastern Standard time zone and instead of using -0500, I ended up using -1100 in the DOS configuration and -0400 in the updater batch file. Weird, but it works.

I started off using a TI4200, VGA-VGA (since my TV supports that), then switched to DVI-HDMI, but when I swapped out the 4200 for the 5200 (to get DX9 support), I had to go back to VGA, since the card is a dual VGA-out. On the next system, I'll be using my 6800, so I'll go back to the the DVI-HDMI and hopefully have a small 5" TFT or a 15"-17" LCD connected to the VGA so that I can run things without turning on the TV...or I'll just buy a Thermaltake Media LAB VFD panel (or Siverstone VFD display) and call it quits.

For something to do, and because the original fan died, I rigged up a 70-ish mm fan to the north bridge and run it super slow. I have my RAID in the basement, which is what the last picture shows as my Z: drive.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!