Codecs Completely NEW HELP (1 Viewer)

caspergroener

Portal Member
March 4, 2011
Hello,

I've just had to let Mediacenter windows 7 go.
The reason is because its crap!

Now i'm going for mediaportal.
And it lookes great.

I have an ATI 4330HD chipset and all goes through HDMI and I would like to have DTS etc working. What codecs will i have to install to let everything work.

So far I have haali, and ffdshow.

Acceleration goes with Avivio from ATI (Windows does not support this in MCE that is why i left)

Please help me with tips and tricks.:D

caspergroener

Portal Member
March 4, 2011
So Windows7 32bit
Mediaportal
Saf5.0
Cyberlink PowerDVD (or is this not nessesary for 1080P playback) This program can use Avivio from ATI for Videocard playback HD content. FFDshow, Haali , Gabest e.d. cannot work with Hardware playback of HD content.

Thanx

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi there,

If you have installed the *unlocked* version of SAF5 it will include the required PowerDVD codecs (the unlocked version doesn't)

The only reason to have the "full" PowerDVD software installed is to get full bluray support.

I assume you are plugging into an amp/reciever via HDMI and not direct toa TV? (as most TVs do not support DTS)

Thanks,

J.

caspergroener

Portal Member
    March 4, 2011
    Hello J,

I just googled on saf 5 and downloaded it. Where can I get the unlocked version? Is there al link? Is this freeware or paid software
    The computer is connect to my Receiver with HDMI.

I do not need full Bluray support, because blu ray's I play with my seperate blu ray player.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom