Component source to media portal? (1 Viewer)

x-cimo

Portal Member
January 28, 2008
Home Country
Canada Canada
I am planning a setup with sillucondust network tuner for ota channels.

I also have a HD cable set up box with hdmi/component from my cable provider but they don't do cable card.

I wonder if there is a device that exist that could integrate it via component into media portal for centalized access.

Ideally it would be a networked box with ir blaster and component in that would be supported in media portal.

Does such a thing exist?

spachti

Portal Pro
July 27, 2005
Bible Belt
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
At the moment there are two possible solutions, the Avermedia cards ( the HD gamer for example ), which are NOT supported in MP right now, and the Hauppauge Collossus which is supported. Just search for it here. Be aware that you can only use the component capture because of HDCP restrictions in the HDMI connection.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    yup, tvserver supports external settop box via video in and you can control via ir blaster. I've only done it with s-video as a lot of tv cards have s-video input. If your tv tuner already has s-video i think you might be able to get a component -> s-video adapter (i know you can get composite->s-video, not 100% sure about component -> s-video) ; this saves you buying a component video capture card.

spachti

Portal Pro
    July 27, 2005
    Bible Belt
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    He was talking about HD in. A component>s-video adapter would kill the purpose because he would be back to 480i. As far as external boxes, the only one i would know of right now is the Hauppauge HD something box. Expensive as hell and not supported by MP.
    Like i said, as far as i know, and that doesn't mean a lot, LOL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom