Compress/convert recordings (1 Viewer)

Nightmare77

Portal Pro
July 5, 2005
Canberra
Home Country
I'm interested to know what everyone does for compressing their recordings with the tv server 3, does anyone have a process that they use that the server compresses the recordings to say xvid or divx automatically? or via a plugin?

Nightmare77

Portal Pro
July 5, 2005
Canberra
Home Country
thanks Ralph , i was sort of looking for something for the server, that could perhaps be run say at night time to do all the work while the client is perhaps off while i'm asleep

zion22

Portal Pro
April 6, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I run Comskip + Mencoder using a custommade application that monitors the "My Recordings" folder.

You might want to check out DirMon2 (Which basically does the same).

It's an advanced setup tho and lots of trial and error ;)

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I run Comskip + Mencoder using a custommade application that monitors the "My Recordings" folder.

You might want to check out DirMon2 (Which basically does the same).

It's an advanced setup tho and lots of trial and error ;)

In a nutshell, what does dirmon2 do?

I started to read the thread and couldn't understand what that utility does.

zion22

Portal Pro
    April 6, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    As I said, it's an advanced setup. DirMon2 monitors a dir (;)) for filechanges. It can react on new files etc and perform actions based on the files, filenames or extensions.

However, why I choose not to use it was a few reasons: Complicated setup. Not much of documentation. Didn't fit my needs to 100%.

The good thing with it is that it runs as a service.

I can, however, if you are interested send you a copy of my little software thingy and some examples when I get home from work. It's more userfriendly. :p

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    zion22 - Why not upload it onto MediaPortal (I think there is a utilities area)? I think it may provide value to a number of people!

zion22

Portal Pro
    April 6, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I did. Remember that it's an early version and it got some issues (read release notes).

It should be up for download when it's been reviewed by the MP people. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom