Compro DVB-T300, how do I get it working? (1 Viewer)

King_Elfy

Portal Member
March 4, 2006
I have a Compro DVB-T300 Digital Tuner and with its software I can get all the channels (I live in Australia by the way). I can't find a way to get the channels to work in Media Portal. It shows the analog names (none of the digital), but no picture. And when I try to change channels it says "There is no free card available which can watch this channel."
Can some one please show me step by step how to set up MP for a Compro DVB-T300?
(I have figured out how to get the remote working with it)

Thanks

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    also important is what version of the driver you are using.
    I tried the latest from the compro website (1.3) and couldn't get much from it. I use the version before, which is 1.2.xx and have a lot more luck.
    The card works well with all versions of MP, but you'll never get much from the analog side since MP doesn't support software tv cards. The digital side works well.
    Make sure your card shows up in windows device manager as Video mate tv saa7134, hybrid capture device and in MP it should be listed as something like "Videomate t300" but it depends what version of MP you are running.

King_Elfy

Portal Member
    March 4, 2006
    In device manager it list my tuner card under:
    Sound, video and game controllers --> VideoMate TV SAA7134, Hybrid Capture Device
    I have the newest version of MP.
    When I go through the setup wizard I get up to the "TV Setup - DVB Terrestrial" stage and the green bar stays at about 0.5cm long (I left it for about 30mins. Above the green bar there are four curved rectangles containing:
    1. CVBS#1
    2. CVBS#2
    3. SVHS
    4. RGB
    There is also a flashing right pointing arrowhead at the bottom-ish left of the window. How can I continue?

King_Elfy

Portal Member
    March 4, 2006
    Does this help?
    Area: Media Portal Program
    MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC2 (2005-12-16)
    MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo
    Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2)
    .NET CLR Version: 2.0.50727
    DirectX Version: 4.09.00.0904 (9.0c)
    Audio Codec: Compro Audio Decoder
    Video Codec: Compro Video/SP Decoder
    CPU Type: AMD Athlon 64 3200+
    Memory: 511 MB
    TV Card Model: Compro VideoMate DVB-T300/T200
    TV Card Type: DVB
    TV Card Driver: 1.3.1.23
    Video Card Model: Ati Radeon 9600 Series (128 MB)
    Video Card Driver: - ?
    Video Card Resolution: 1024x768
    Video Render Type: Overlay
    Audio Card Model: Creative EMU10K1 Audio Processor (WDM)

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    everything looks pretty much correct. Does the card work with the Compro software?

I have never used the wizard for setting up tv. If you go in via the actual config program do you get similar results? At least this way you'll get more helpful messages if something is wrong.

Also, this will sound very strange, but is the compro card in the last PCI slot along? In the manual they recommend this slot as that means there will be no shared resources (the first few slots share some things).

I never really believed it would make a difference, but ended up getting much better results when I did it.

*ignore what I said about the drivers. I was going from memory and got it wrong. the 1.3.2xxx drivers are the ones I am using (1.3.26 in my case) abd the 1.3.3 drivers seem to have some issues with MP.

King_Elfy

Portal Member
    March 4, 2006
    I have tried both the "Setup Media Portal" and the wizard. In fact, I only used the wizard after I started this thread.
    I have my card in the second slot but everything that was bundled with the tuner works fine, excellently even.

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Can you confirm that you have the version of drivers installed, as suggested by Marcusb (1.3.26)? Remember that MediaPortal uses the BDA drivers.

When you run MediaPortal Configuration (don't use the Wizard) what description do you see listed as your TV card in the Television / TV Cards section?

Are you able to run Autotune from the TV Cards section? If not, please describe what happens and post your MediaPortal.log file of the attempt to run Autotune.

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    Hi again,
    Funny, I replied to your post a while ago but there is no sign of it now. Weird interweb things happening, I guess...

When I first installed, everything went very smoothly. I installed the drivers from the CD and then MP (v.1.2 at that time) found the card perfectly.
    There was one time after a rebuild of Windows that I had a similar issue to yours. I solved this by simply removing the drivers completely and reinstalling. I would recommend moving the card to the end slot and checking in device manager for any conflicts of resources (even if the compro software works ok).

Also, in versions of MP that support the analog channels in the card (any version after the one you have has no support for software cards) hybrid cards are treated as two individual cards. It sounds like you have added the analog card ok (Generic software card) but have yet to add the digital card. Go to config and add a second card. You should have an option to add a videomate BDA card or something along those lines (it changes with some cvs updates). You'll need to autotune with the new adition for the digital channels to be picked up.

Also, in relation to the "no free card" message, did you assing the channels to that card? In the config/tv/channels section, there is a second tab for channels, where you tell MP which channels are used with each card. If no cards are specified you'll get this message (also, some CVS versions had a bug where they incorrectly gave this message).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom