Compro K300 and Mediaportal (1 Viewer)

jibber4568

Portal Member
February 4, 2010
Hi, I was hoping someone might be able to help me with a problem.

Been using mediaportal for a whhile now and absolutly love it:D

Recently got give the following remote and was hoping use it for mediaportal.

Compro VideoMate K300 Remote Control Kit [] Graphics and Video TV Cards

In the config I ticked "Use Microsoft MCE Remote"

This has enabled it to do pretty every thing I want it to apart from one thing.

"PAUSE"

I can't pause anything I watch.

I have tried to work out how can edit the mappings or use somethng to enable me to setup custom keys but I just cant work it out. In the mappings tab for the MCE remote under pause I have the following:

31830441.jpg

The key option here just seems to be greyed out. I don't really understand it to be honest.

If anyone can help with this or offer any advice with using other software to configure my remote I would love them for ever.

:sorry: If I'm being a bit thick.

Thanks alot.

Jibber4568

ZaJules

Portal Member
January 26, 2009
Home Country
South Africa South Africa
Sorry cant help you but I need some. ;)

I am setting up a PC with MP and the same remote, I have checked the "Use MCE remote" option in config but I'm not getting any response, Do I need to load any other driver other than the one that comes with the remote?

I'm Using XP without MCE

Thanks

Jules

titaneaves

Portal Member
January 7, 2011
Home Country
I've come across a similar problem
I'm struggling with the "Play/Pause" and the "MCE" button.
When I press the "Play/Pause" button my WMP opens up in the backround then none of the keys work until I select "MP" again.
When I press the "MCE" button "MCE" opens up and not "MP".

Is there anyone how can help solve the problem and let the "Play/Pause" button actually -> "Play/Pause" ... and the "MCE" button open "MP" instead.

PC: Windows 7 64-bit
MP 1.1.2

Thanks

shocks

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Guys i also just bought this remote - any help with the greyed out key configuration?

shocks

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Hey guys,

Don't know if you still having issues here. I resolved the problem by using EventGhost, and mapped all the keys on the remote to the Keyboard shortcuts of mediaportal. So the remote essentially triggers a keypress event. Works great for me :)

mmannai

Portal Member
    June 9, 2008
    Hey,
    Sorry to bump this thread, but a simpler solution exists, (for future references),

Enable MCE remote in the remote settings, then click on the HID Tab, and enable the Generic HID, this should enable and fix the "pause/play" problem, as it is the only key that sends commands as an HID keyboard, rather than an MCE command.

Thanks, hope this helps anybody searching for a solution.

plemen

Portal Member
    April 20, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hey,
    Sorry to bump this thread, but a simpler solution exists, (for future references),

Enable MCE remote in the remote settings, then click on the HID Tab, and enable the Generic HID, this should enable and fix the "pause/play" problem, as it is the only key that sends commands as an HID keyboard, rather than an MCE command.

Thanks, hope this helps anybody searching for a solution.

Thats exactly what I've been doing for my universal remote programmed as a MCE Remote. Also, not sure if this helps with your remote, the MCE skip forward and skip back keys are mapped to General HID - MediaNextTrack and MediaPreviousTrack. I set up a condition and action for FullScreen Video and TVFullScreen and it works like a charm. I haven't been able to get the Guide and Info buttons working yet...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom