Computer games with unofficial release (1 Viewer)

Atreides

Portal Pro
June 28, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hey guys
I don't know if computer games are working for your unofficial myemulators but mine never did. I did find a work around if anyone is interested. I simply made a new console and called it computer. I made the executable for the console a bat file that did nothing. I then made the folder for the games were I put the shortcuts for the computer game and then extension is .lnk After that it found all the shortcuts and I could look them up in the config window and it works great. I also got it to launch the game and suspend MP if anyone needs help figuring that out let me know.

dadman

Portal Member
June 10, 2009
Home Country
I have spent the last few days adding my emulators and roms using the unofficial release.
I also am having trouble running windows games.
Using XP, it wont let me run .lnk files from a .bat
It comes up asking what program to launch it with.
Could you add more detail to how you got your .bat to work please?

Atreides

Portal Pro
June 28, 2008
Home Country
Yeah, I am at work right now, but I will post later today about what I did to get it to work. I am using Vista, but I don't think that will matter with the way I made it work.

Atreides

Portal Pro
June 28, 2008
Home Country
Alright sorry it took all day but I am on my HTPC now so I can help you out. What I did was make a bat file called nothing.bat , now this is what I put in for the emulator in myemulators. Then I put the folder with all the shortcuts to the pc games and say that that is the rom file, and then the extension .lnk is the extension I put. Now all you have to do is populate that folder (the pc shortcut folder) with the shortcuts you created for your pc games exe. Now the nothing.bat doesnt have to have anything in it. I think I originally put a %1 in it if that helps, but my big problem was I couldn't suspend mediaportal to play the games because it would launch the bat file, and the bat file would pop up and then instantly close, so mediaportal would come back up. So I had to use autoIT to solve this. I made an autoit file that would stay open until the cmd, box that my bat file (nothing.bat) pulled up, was closed. I had my bat file launch the autoit exe so the bat file would also stay open, thus making mediaportal stay suspended until I closed down the game, and then hit the x in the cmd file to close that, then MP would pop back up. I realize this may be confusing so I have attached my bat file and autoit exe into a rar file, so you just need to unrar it and put them in the same folder and you should be good to go. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• Computer Emu.rar
    316.9 KB

dadman

Portal Member
June 10, 2009
Home Country
Thanks for your help.
I tried what you said.
Unfortunately it seems to be a limitation of XP, I still get windows asking me which application I want to load the lnk with.
I guess I'll stop being lazy and just make a .bat for each game, then call the bat from another one. I know that will work.

Atreides

Portal Pro
June 28, 2008
Home Country
That is a bummer, you are just clicking the exe to launch the game and saying create shortcut, then you just put that shortcut in the folder that you stated is the roms folder. I am not trying to insult your intelligence I am just wondering why XP would ask that if made the shortcut from the exe of the game.

yudicuba

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 16, 2010
    Home Country
    Re : Re: Computer games with unofficial release

Alright sorry it took all day but I am on my HTPC now so I can help you out. What I did was make a bat file called nothing.bat , now this is what I put in for the emulator in myemulators. Then I put the folder with all the shortcuts to the pc games and say that that is the rom file, and then the extension .lnk is the extension I put. Now all you have to do is populate that folder (the pc shortcut folder) with the shortcuts you created for your pc games exe. Now the nothing.bat doesnt have to have anything in it. I think I originally put a %1 in it if that helps, but my big problem was I couldn't suspend mediaportal to play the games because it would launch the bat file, and the bat file would pop up and then instantly close, so mediaportal would come back up. So I had to use autoIT to solve this. I made an autoit file that would stay open until the cmd, box that my bat file (nothing.bat) pulled up, was closed. I had my bat file launch the autoit exe so the bat file would also stay open, thus making mediaportal stay suspended until I closed down the game, and then hit the x in the cmd file to close that, then MP would pop back up. I realize this may be confusing so I have attached my bat file and autoit exe into a rar file, so you just need to unrar it and put them in the same folder and you should be good to go. Hope this helps.

:eek:
    if i tell you that i understand your method I'll lie to you :oops:
    sorry if i ask you to be more clear cause i think my English is not good enough to
    can you explain me (like a 5 years old kid) please
    :D

Atreides

Portal Pro
    June 28, 2008
    Home Country
    OK, no problem.

1. You need to make a Batch file (open notepad and say save as, then make sure it is All Files, then call it "nothing.bat")

2. Make a new folder and put all your computer game shortcuts in that folder (right click on .exe of computer game and say "create shortcut")

3. Open MyEmulators config, and Add a new emulator

4. Call the new emulator Computer

5. for the path of the emulator, point the browser to the "nothing.bat" file you created earlier

6. For the path of the ROMs then point the browser to the new folder you made with all the computer game shortcuts in it

7. for the file extension put *.lnk

8. Run the refresh button to refresh the database and MyEmulators should find all your computer game shortcuts

I am doing this on Vista so if you run into problems with the OS then I might not be able to help, but it works fine for me. I hope this helps you.

yudicuba

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 16, 2010
    Home Country
    Re : Computer games with unofficial release

wow
    thanks a lot mate
    go to work on it right now
    I'll keep u up
    thanks again

:confused:

i'ts not working for me (game database empty)
    here's a scrren of my settings
    capturenr.png

what do you think ???
    thanks

yudicuba

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 16, 2010
    Home Country
    Re : Computer games with unofficial release

ok,
    get in better
    now i can see the database and fill up my games (i had to set no filters *.*) on my emulator
    but from mepo i cant launch the ink's files :mad: and if i go to this file (ink) runs ok from windows
    i have all of this running on 7 x64
    :D for any idea

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom