Comskip in SVN (1 Viewer)

jburnette

Portal Pro
August 24, 2006
Kentucky
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I was just looking through the changelog and noticed this:
13/03/2007 [14:16h] and-81 added: Added support for ComSkip txt files. Allows skipping of commercials in videos on playback.
I took a file that comskip had already run on as well as the skip-point txt file that is generated and tried to play it, but it did not skip the commercials. Is this not fully integrated yet or am I just missing something?

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hey,

I put in the code, so I guess I should explain it for you.

The code currently only supports manually skipping commercials by pressing your "Next Chapter" button on your remote or by selecting "Next Chapter" in the context menu (and "Previous Chapter" on your remote or context menu will go to the start of the previous segment).

I'm still working on automatic skipping, but I feel that getting manual skipping into SVN was a worthy goal in itself.

I've written plugins for launching ComSkip automatically on recordings and will be releasing them shortly.

Cheers,

jburnette

Portal Pro
    August 24, 2006
    Kentucky
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Ahh, ok. I tried that and it works beautifully. I can't wait for automatic skipping (my wife, actually, is the one who will be thanking you.) This is a great addition. Thanks a lot!

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    Hey Aaron, congrats on officially becomming a developer.
    I didn't even notice the new comskip support, will have to try it out now :)

Thanks heaps.

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Thanks Marcusb,

This feature is still in development, so please be forgiving if you have any problems with it.

I'm just making some changes to the way manual skipping works with remotes ... so you might see some changes over the next few days.

Cheers,

mdsflyer

Portal Pro
    November 14, 2005
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi there, great to see you working on this, its a "must have" feature as far as i'm concerned.
    I tried it today (with this mornings svn) MediaPortal-svn--03-19-2007--01-02-Rev13476.exe and found that if i viewed the programme through the recorded TV folder that there were no "next chapter" options available in the context menu and therefore i couldnt make the jumps based on the available comskip txt file. This was only possible for me if i viewed the file via the Videos folder. I presume this is something that you're planning on fixing or have i missed the point somewhere?
    It worked a treat when acessed through the videos folder and i cant wait for your further development.

Cheers
    m

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Yes unfortunately that's one of the current limitations.

I'm working on it, but I've got several projects on at the same time right now.

I should have some improvements coming over the next couple of weeks.

I think it's better to have something in there than to have nothing though :)

Cheers,

mdsflyer

Portal Pro
    November 14, 2005
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks for the reply and thanks for your efforts. As i've just effortlessly skipped through countless ads for KFC and the warehouse i especially agree with your last sentence!

I have some more questions for you but must stress there is no need for an immediate answer.

I use the following batch file to process recordings through comskip

if /i "%1"=="TV1" goto channeltv1
    if /i "%1"=="TV2" goto channeltv2
    if /i "%1"=="TV3" goto channeltv3
    if /i "%1"=="C4" goto channelc4

goto finish

:channeltv1
    comskip --logo=tv1.logo.txt "%*"

goto finish

:channeltv2
    comskip --logo=tv2.logo.txt "%*"

goto finish

:channeltv3
    comskip --logo=tv3.logo.txt "%*"

goto finish

:channelc4
    comskip --logo=c4.logo.txt "%*"

goto finish

:finish
    del "*.log"
    echo done
    cls
    @exit

Not pretty but does the job of assigning an already derived logo file, (saves time and problems when the picture quality is iffy due to poor reception). I've arranged the recorded filename to be so that the first block of the filename is the channel number enabling the "%1" to point the batch file to the right logo. This works fine when i test it as a standalone but doesnt go at all when i tell the tv server to use this comskip bat file. I presume its because of how the recorded file is being "presented" to the batch file i.e. there are paths or something being added prior to the channel number, is this correct?

In the meantime i'm using

comskip %1
    echo done
    cls
    @exit

which works but without using my logo files, both the baych files are in the same comskip folder so i'll be interested in what is causing one to work and the other not.

Batch files are about as far into programming as i can go, its not really my forte this computer stuff!!:)

cheers
    m

dareh

Portal Pro
    July 7, 2006
    Alcalá de Henares
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Hi Aaron, I love this feature but I think it would be very usefull if the timeline showed everytime that you press one of the chapter keys, the same way it already does whenever you press one of the other skip buttons.

thanks
    dareh.

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    mdsflyer:

The reason it's not working is because the filename being supplied to your batch file is a full path including "".

I'll be releasing something in the next few days that will let you get around this.... watch this space.

dareh:

That's a good idea, I'll try to put it in shortly...

Cheers,

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom