h.264 Video Codec:
    Satelite/CableTV Provider: DirecTV
    HTPC Case:
    Cooling:
    Power Supply:
    Remote:
    TV:
    TV - HTPC Connection:

I've been working on this one for a while, and hopefully I'm just missing some setting somewhere.

I have Comskip working great with 4TheRecord to record all my shows and detect commercials. Automatic commercial skipping is occurring on my main HTPC in single-seat, and 2 other clients. I have it configured to run as soon as the recording starts, and I see comskip running and creating the .txt file of all the commercial times. However, while the recording is still active, none of the comskip data is used on any of the machines. It seems to ignore the comskip data until some time after the recording ends.

I have the 'basic' LiveTV settings for comskip, but is there anything I need in MediaPortal to look for this data? Any help is appreciated!

I've attached my comskip.ini file for reference.

Thanks!

Attachments

• comskip.ini.txt
      5.8 KB

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    while the recording is still active, none of the comskip data is used on any of the machines

Its a open file, so while its being written too, its locked for anything else.

ps. I get much better comskip results if comskip is run after the TV program has finished recording, the option is there in FTR, I know because thats my setting :)

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    PD,

On a separate/similar note, how much success do you have with Comskip here in the UK?

Any problematic channels?

Care to share your settings? :)

J.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Hi J

I use the comskip version and ini from MCEBuddy, definitely the best one for Freeview and yes it really does vary from channel to channel on how good it is, but would not be without this version, unless someone has tweaked a better one for the UK that I don't know about.

The Phredeux ini is pretty good also, but not tested recently with any recordings, so if you want to have a go, feel free.

View attachment comskip.zip

twemperor

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2010
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I certainly get somewhat better results from ComSkip when the recording is complete, I also get much better processor/hard drive utilization (for whatever reasons).

It seems though, that if the chapter information is available it should be used. Why else bother to generate it dynamically? It seems to me that other media players are able to (GB-PVR?)

If the chapter data is still being generated, it seems that the only change to MediaPortal would be to refresh this data on occasion (either as a background watcher task, or at each encounter of a jump point). Is the task more complicated than that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom