[Pending] Comskip Live Support (1 Viewer)

twemperor

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2010
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    The existing Comskip support is great- except that there is no support for recordings that are still in progress. The attached patch fixes this by identifying when Comskip is still in the process of identifying chapters. Until Comskip is finished, the progress is checked and newly identified chapters are added to the list.

Attachments

• Comskip_live.patch
      6.6 KB

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Please provide a patch that can be used on top of the current SVN revision. Patch was based on 27641 and the current one is 27787. Seems that the patch is not compatible anymore with the latest changes in SVN.

I did have a quick look (althou it was hard since I couldn't patch the local MP copy) - looks like you are using file read & access operations inside Process()? This should be avoided at any cost since it could cause severe video playback quality issues. It would be advisable to do the file operations (and as much other operations as possible) in a low priority worker thread. Process() gets called in MP main thread which is used for the video and GUI rendering.

twemperor

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2010
    Home Country
    I wasn't sure about the protocol for creating a patch- I will work on submitting a patch to a later SVN.

I've been running with this for a while, as I was similarly concerned about any file access during video processing, and I haven't noticed any issues on my system. That being said, I appreciate your suggestion. Is there already a low priority worker thread that can be reused? I don't see one, but there's a lot of code in the core.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    I wasn't sure about the protocol for creating a patch- I will work on submitting a patch to a later SVN.

Here's a quick check list that can be used: Patch Policy - MediaPortal Wiki

I've been running with this for a while, as I was similarly concerned about any file access during video processing, and I haven't noticed any issues on my system. That being said, I appreciate your suggestion. Is there already a low priority worker thread that can be reused? I don't see one, but there's a lot of code in the core.

I don't there is currently any suitable worker thread for such job existing (currently existing ones are much likely pretty specific ones like last.fm submit thread etc.). It is fairly trivial to create a new thread, just remember to put the actual thread method inside try & catch so it wont be crashing MP directly to the desktop if something throws an exception in the worker code (file not found for example).

arion_p

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2007
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    It seems to me that this only works for single-seat. There is no provision for multi-seat.

twemperor

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2010
    Home Country
    In general, the support for reading ComSkip generated chapter files was limited to single-seat, or multi-seat if RTSP is not used. Personally, I have this patch working multi-seat with normal network shared files, not RTSP.

twemperor

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2010
    Home Country

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom