ComSkip plugin broken? (1 Viewer)

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Could someone else check whether the ComSkip plugin is working for them.

If I go into the TV setup app and manually pick a file and click test it works however it is not kicking in when a recording finishes

Anyone else experiencing this?

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    The comskip plugin cannot be broken, as the likes of myself\revs have been posting as working and team-MP uses comskip as well :)

Is there anything unique about where your recording are going, remember windows does not like recordings being on the root of a drive like D:\

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    The comskip plugin cannot be broken, as the likes of myself\revs have been posting as working and team-MP uses comskip as well :)
    well at least that gives me something to work on....

Is there anything unique about where your recording are going, remember windows does not like recordings being on the root of a drive like D:\
    No recordings are just going to
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\recordings
    as TS files

Plugin is enabled and set to launch on recording end. Program location is
    C:\Program Files\ComSkip\comskip.exe
    and parmeters are
    "{0}"

presume these setting are ok as it works when I click the test button.

Do you have any log entries from the TV Server trying to launch ComSkip after a recording has finished? I do not seem to have any.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    I don't think revs uses the default path and i know i do not.

Could you try something, move your recordings to a new folder at C:|TVrecordings and inside that create a Timeshifting subfolder.

When you have a moment change all the relevant TV card\s (all of them even webradio) recording folder settings to the new locations, now in the database import tab hit the remove button, this will remove recording from the db, now move your files from the original location to the new folder.

Reboot so TVServer remembers new settings on a fresh start, reimport your TVRecordings and now see if comskip works, if it does then we know it may be a issue with default path.

Regards

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    Need to do some more digging as it worked on the last two recordings.

The only difference between these recordings and the one that did not work was that I was watching live TV at the same time. Presumably ComSkip should still kick in if I am watching live TV ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom