Comskip process keeps running -> locks files (1 Viewer)

Peter2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hi all,

I started using comskip when my system was still on xp and it worked very well.
    Now, on W7, it also does the processing but the comskip process keeps running for ever until a reboot is forced.
    Like this, all recordings leave a comskip process running.
    The problem with this is that I cannot just delete a recording unless I reboot the system.

Any idea what might cause this behavior?

TIA!
    P

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi there,

Have you tried running Comskip manaually from a command prompt (against a problematic recording)?

It might be its erroring/waiting for confirmation/input, but as its a background process you wont see this, but it will just sit there.

J.

Peter2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hi Jay,

Thanks for looking into this.
    I just tried it from the command prompt - as a standard user, under the 'MP-account' - and it went well: the comskip process ended as it should.

The program sits in c:\program files\comskip\ with default permissions and the MP-account is member of the Administrators group.
    It happens with all recordings.

P.

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi there,

Thats good news on that part....

Have you got MePo pointing to the comskip.exe file or the .bat file?

When you say Comskip never finishes/quits, has it generated any files? Has it reached the end of the recording?

What version of Comskip?

Thanks,

J.

Peter2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    ComSkipLauncher points to "C:\Program Files\comskip\ComSkip.exe" with the default parameters "{0}" and it launches at the end of the recordings.
    It always generates the files and skipping works as it should, so no problem there.
    I don't have any batch file for this and I was using 80_034 but just noticed that there are newer versions, so updated to latest.

If it reached the ending of the recording? Well, when after a program there is a commercial, that one also gets skipped.

Peter2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Update: this problem solved 'itself', either by a windows update or by using a newer version of comskip.

olli14

Portal Pro
    December 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Comskip process keeps running -> locks files

Hi,
    I have the newest comskip running. Comskip starts when a recording starts. But in many cases I can't move a recorded *.ts file to another directory because comskip locks the file. So I must restart my htpc so that comskip doesn't lock this file anymore.
    What can I do?

olli14

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom