[Videos] Comskip Timeline (1 Viewer)

jestermgee

Portal Pro
February 23, 2008
In a house
Well I will reply!!!

I have been waiting for a long time to see the timeline show this kind of detail.

I have been using comskip for the past 2 years with MP and have loved it. Works really well for me and has about a 95% success rate on nearly ALL recordings in Australia for me.

In addition to the extra info in the timeline i'd also like to see:
- The DVD "Skip Track" controls skit to the beginning/end of a section. Sometimes comskip gets it wrong OR you want to go back and actually view a commercial break. Being able to just hit the BACK button and go back to the start/end of a comskip segment would be really handy.

That's the 2 main "comskip" features i'd like to see. Those that don't have a good working comskip setup have no idea how handy it is.

Physje

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 9, 2011
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Since a couple of months I switched from using NextPVR/GBPVR to MediaPortal on my HTPC. I really like MP, but the only thing I miss, what was available in GBPVR, is comskip-details in the timeline.

Unitil now I haven't found it in MP. What is the status of this suggestion for improvement ?

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Not implemented :(

Unless a dev is particularly interested in doing this, then nothing will change.

Welcome to MP

FreakyJ

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • July 25, 2010
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    AW: Comskip Timeline

yeah, would be a cool feature!
    Unless a dev is particularly interested in doing this, then nothing will change.
    That's true, but maybe one is :p

K24A3

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 1, 2010
    This feature would be great :)

But can we at least have the timeline OSD appear when we press the Chapter buttons?

That way we can at least see how far it jumped to determine if Comskip missed a commercial segment. For example if we see that it jumped 3 minutes, we know comskip found the commercials, but if it skips 10-15 minutes, we could skip back manually to view the previous program segment that was missed.

mattjcurry

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 24, 2011
    Country flag
    I would be open to taking a stab at a plugin. I have not even peeked at any source code yet, so does anyone with in depth knowledge of mediaportal have an idea as to how this could be implemented?

I was thinking of creating a plugin called super-timeline or something to that effect, but I have no idea how the timelines are rendered, and what each skin specifies on the timeline.

Matt

This looks like a good start:
    Tvprogress - MediaPortal Wiki

Not sure if I would need to extend this control, or if I could use the existing one.

mattjcurry

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 24, 2011
    Country flag
    Does anyone know how we get an entry created for this in Mantis?

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Country flag
    I have been using comskip for the past 2 years with MP and have loved it. Works really well for me and has about a 95% success rate on nearly ALL recordings in Australia for me.

...Those that don't have a good working comskip setup have no idea how handy it is.
    If you could advise me how to get a good working comskip setup for the UK, I'd love to use it. Just never had much luck with it last time I tried ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom