comskip? (1 Viewer)

milhouse

Portal Pro
November 9, 2006
Raleigh, NC U.S.
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Quick question: will TV Series use comskip data if available?

Thanks-
Milhouse

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi milhouse

That's one thing i have never seen on the forum, nice one, but sadly i suspect the answer is no, there is no setting within the TV-Series plugin for this.

The choices are, either manually edit the files with Video Editor, or use something like MCEBuddy to get rid of the adds and convert file, a bit of configuration needs to be done, but once setup works well, just takes a while to convert, h.264 quality excellent though.

If interested will post config's that you need to make both to MCEBuddy and TVServer.

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    It actually works.

I have tv recording with comskip files. Converted the recordings to avi with mcebuddy (without add removal) and then put the avi together with the existing comskip files in TVSeries and it works.

If I rename the avi file to standard naming conventions, eg Army Wives S02E01.avi then I just rename the comskip files accordingly.

milhouse

Portal Pro
    November 9, 2006
    Raleigh, NC U.S.
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    then put the avi together with the existing comskip files in TVSeries and it works

Can you explain this? You mean I actually add the file into the TVSeries database?

I tried just putting the .txt comskip file in the same directory as the TV episode and named properly - 01x07.ts and 01x07.txt. Then tried playing the episode but chapter skip didn't work. And this is on a computer that I've got comskip working for regular recordings.

Thanks, rekenaar.

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Only avi file is in TVSeries database. Rest on disk in same folder. Must admit I have never really looked into the extra comskip files to determine if 1 or 2 or all is required.

Just tested again. I am using AUTO skip (see screenshot) and it works great. I cannot skip with remote. Maybe misconfigured IR Server Suite?

Maybe a few screenshots will help.

Attachments

• comskip1.JPG
      comskip1.JPG
      39.7 KB
    • comskip2.JPG
      comskip2.JPG
      128.5 KB
    • comskip3.JPG
      comskip3.JPG
      84.5 KB

Users who are viewing this thread