ComSkipLauncher no longer supports .bat files (1 Viewer)

jonesdb

Portal Pro
January 11, 2008
Santa Clara, CA
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I recently did a completely clean install of MP1.1.0 and started having problems with Comskip not running. A little digging and I see that ComSkipLauncher no longer supports launching of .bat files. This is a problem for those of us that use .bat files to launch Comskip with .ini files that are specific to certain channels. i.e. A news broadcast that has a ticker on the bottom may require one .ini while another channel without the ticker requires another .ini. This was possible in the 1.1.0 RC's, but no longer possible in the FINAL version.

The entries from the TV log are as follows:

ComSkipLauncher: Recording started (C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Shared Documents\Recorded TV\The View From the Bay - KGO 207.1 - 2010-08-12.ts on KGO 207.1), launching program (C:\Program Files\Comskip\ComskipSpecial.bat "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Shared Documents\Recorded TV\The View From the Bay - KGO 207.1 - 2010-08-12.ts","KGO 207.1") ...

The error entries from the Error log is as follows:

ComSkipLauncher - LaunchProcess(): %1 is not a valid Win32 application

If ComSkipLauncher is changed to launch Comskip.exe all works well.

Any possibility of getting this fixed?
Thanks.

:oops::oops:Oops!! Sorry for the post. It was my problem. Turns out it was a problem in the .bat file. Somehow the .bat file was empty which causes the %1 is not a valid Win32 application error. With commands in the file there is no problem.
Again, sorry for the alarm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom