Conax CAM for Finland (Welho) (1 Viewer)

Eoinsku

Portal Member
July 12, 2009
Helsinki
Home Country
Finland Finland
I just put together a HTPC, with a FloppyDTV for watching live TV.

Does anybody know which Conax CAM I should use to watch (e.g. Canal+) on Welho Cable TV in Finland (Helsinki), and where I could buy one?

Eoinsku

Portal Member
July 12, 2009
Helsinki
Home Country
Finland Finland
Thanks for your reply!

I contacted Verkkokauppa and asked them if they had any Conax CAM that would work with Welho and they said that they hadn't. In that case, maybe this card won't work.

I might give them a call though to check again.

I'm surprised that there are no MP users in Finland here using their PC to watch cable TV (e.g. DVB-C / Welho). Or maybe there are and they just don't read the forum!

slarti

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 26, 2009
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    It won't work with HD channels (nothing will because of the stupid pairing crap). It will work with SD channels because I use one with no problems.

Eoinsku

Portal Member
    July 12, 2009
    Helsinki
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Shit!

That's the reason I bought the FloppyDTV. I have a digibox for the SD channels, which works fine. I went for FloppyDTV because it would save me having to buy a HD digibox (plus could then control everything from MP).

Do you know if this pairing issue will change in the future?

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Thank you! I guess I was overthinking it.
    Thank you! I guess I was overthinking it.
    This is apparently such a low level question that it's not even documented that I can find - I apologize in advance for this: I...
    Replies
    Views
    I tried setting the windows screensaver to power off the display on my MP1 HTPC but in fact it only blanks the screen ("no video signal") on the TV I suspect the AVR has something to do with that. If I manually put the TV only into standby when TV is playing but paused then on wakeup I could not immediately take it out of pause and...
    I tried setting the windows screensaver to power off the display on my MP1 HTPC but in fact it only blanks the screen ("no video...
    Hi all, I´m using MP 1.30 at the moment and have a problem which also exists on my system on previous versions. So I don´t think...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 [solved] Basic audio question... DE
    Yes, works, thanks. Deselecting "Prefer multichannel audio streams" under "Video Player" (under "Players") gives me the stereo stream, by default, in television also. Thanks for your help. N.
    Yes, works, thanks. Deselecting "Prefer multichannel audio streams" under "Video Player" (under "Players") gives me the stereo...
    Is there a way to set the default audio stream for live TV? The default default, so to speak, for me seems to be English...
    Replies
    Views
    Well, there is nothing wrong in the log. I have personaly tested the bitstreaming after DVD resume, and I can confirm that the LAV audiodecoder shows status 'bistreaming' on the output. What is your LAV status?
    Well, there is nothing wrong in the log. I have personaly tested the bitstreaming after DVD resume, and I can confirm that the LAV...
    My apologies for posting two separate issues in one posting, however, the logs I have cover both. 1. Resume playback of...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi, First off: there are some issues with the latest Mediaportal (32bits vs 64bits), so that is one of the issues you're stumbling with. If you take the previous version (1.31) it should work as expected. For IPTV there is also a different option (with different pros and cons): Onlinevideos. I'm using that sometimes for my IPTV as...
    Hi, First off: there are some issues with the latest Mediaportal (32bits vs 64bits), so that is one of the issues you're stumbling...
    Hi I am trying to play a m3u file from my IPTV provider, but when I try to install the TV part of Media Portal v1.3.2 I get an...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom