concerning Dreambox and MP (1 Viewer)

BabyBenz

February 1, 2009
First of all, sorry for asking but I didn't seem to find an exact answer using search but I have a headache so I may have missed it :rolleyes:

I have been using xbmc but I am thinking of making a switch. Xbmc does not have built in pvr support but I see MP does.

Can I use MP in conjunction with a Dreambox? I want to be able to browse channels via a guide through MP and be able to record directly to my htpc.

Is this possible? I know there is a pluggin for Dreambox but does it allow full control? Basically, I just want to do everything on the htpc and not even have to touch the Dreambox.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I have never used a Silicon Dust network tuner, but from reading elsewhere I have a recollection that in Silicon Dust's own configuration tool you need to select "MediaPortal" as the output destination (or something like that). So this might be worth checking (just in case I have remembered it correctly). -- from CyberSimian in the UK
I have never used a Silicon Dust network tuner, but from reading elsewhere I have a recollection that in Silicon Dust's own...
Hello, I am a new MP user. I recently installed MP2.3 on a HTPC running Win 7 64 bit. I have an networked Silicon Dust HDHR3-US...
Replies
Views
"Sometimes" when I am playing a playlist with the TV on I notice that the screen becomes frozen. The on screen playlist doesn't show the songs advancing through the list. i.e. the currently playing song doesn't match the name of the on screen song. MP still plays the playlist ok but the screen just stops showing the correct song...
"Sometimes" when I am playing a playlist with the TV on I notice that the screen becomes frozen. The on screen playlist doesn't...
"Sometimes" when I am playing a playlist with the TV on I notice that the screen becomes frozen. The on screen playlist doesn't...
Replies
Views
Hello and welcome to MediaPortal! Most of your questions are very standard and repeatedly asked - and replied to. ;) Asimple internet search should give you plenty of answers, that you need of course to find your way through. Hardware is not decisive, both will work I recommend to drop SD and use the "EPG-Buddy" in connection with...
Hello and welcome to MediaPortal! Most of your questions are very standard and repeatedly asked - and replied to. ;) Asimple...
It's looking like SageTV and it's support is dying a slow death at this point so I am looking at alternatives. I have a few...
Replies
Views
Hi Invisible I have changed tack a bit since writing this thread. I decided to try and mimic my non genuine Media Player remote and receiver with my already setup Harmony One remote and then pairing with a remapped FLIRC as the receiver. This way I would have a backup control and receiver if either decided to stop working. While I...
Hi Invisible I have changed tack a bit since writing this thread. I decided to try and mimic my non genuine Media Player remote...
I have searched online and read the wiki's about the keymappping options but haven't been able to find an answer to this question...
Replies
Views
I think MPExtended need rework for support this - andrewjswan/MPExtended Maybe better direct select to TV SQL DB? Or look how MPExtended get this info ...
I think MPExtended need rework for support this - andrewjswan/MPExtended Maybe better direct select to TV SQL DB? Or look how...
Hi everyone, I am hoping someone can help with the following. I am based in the UK. I have a family member who has a disability...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom