Configuration Crash while scanning TV-Channels (1 Viewer)

Caspar

Portal Member
May 14, 2006
Area: Media Portal Configuration / Setup
MediaPortal Version: 0.2.1.0-SVN-14.10.2006- 0:57:48,45-Build 11039
(2006-10-14)
MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo
Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2)
.NET CLR Version: 2.0.50727
DirectX Version: 4.09.00.0904 (9.0c)
Audio Codec: AC3Filter
Video Codec: DScaler Mpeg2 Video Decoder
CPU Type: Genuine Intel - T2500 @ 2.00GHz
Memory: 2 GB
Motherboard: i975Xa-YDG (AOpen)
TV Card Model: TechnoTrend S2-3200
TV Card Type: DVB-S2
TV Card Driver: 4.4.10.17
Video Card Model: Radeon X1600 Series (256 MB)
Video Card Driver: 6.5
Video Card Resolution: 1280x720
Video Render Type: VMR9
Audio Card Model: Realtek High Definition Audio
Audio Card Driver: R1.38

Configuration.log: http://pastebin.team-mediaportal.com/10982

Synopsis::

While i scan for tv channels the setup shows a error message (everytime, random after a while of scanning, i did it 10 times or so now everytime with a software crash) and tells me to send a errorreport (closes afterwards).

This started to happen after i changed my SkyStar2 to a TechnoTrend S2-3200 card (was fine before). I did a complete reinstall (clean from scratch) after changing the cards and took the SVN Build because without the card was not recognised.

Watching TV inside MediaPortal is fine (its missing the channels with the higher freq. ofcourse...) and a full channel scan in DVBViewer is running fine too. Its just the problem inside the setup/configuration.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that i use 2 LNBs - Astra 1 = A/A and Astra 2 = B/A -> most of the times it crashes before it even reached the second LNB...

Uli321

Portal Member
March 6, 2006
Hi,

I also switched to TT 3200 and with my installation it crashed once during channel scan, but after a second try it ends normally.
Just a hint: TT 3200 works (on my HTPC) only with some MS DVB-patches (search the forum!).

With MP I get all DVB-S channels I want, however to watch HDTV (Pro7 HD, Sat1 HD, Anixe HD, Astra HD demo) I have to use TT media center, which works quite well (tested with 'Pirates of the caribean' last night :) )

Uli

Caspar

Portal Member
May 14, 2006
I had the DVB Patches installed allready - so thats not the problem :-/

Uli, try the DVB Viewer - they support this card fully allready, including DisqC/DVB-S2/H.264, working like a charm on my setup. I guess i will wait for TV 3.0 from MediaPortal and till they support H.264 (can't understand why thats not on the high priority list - its not only *the* TV standard for the future in europe, but for HD-DVD/BlueRay too) and DVB-S2...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom