Configuration or Bug ??? S-video FX5200 (1 Viewer)

rocco6530

Portal Member
December 19, 2007
Chicago Area
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
We don't know if this is a configuration problem, hardware or bug, HELP.
We have 2 systems running both using S-video and NVIVIA 5200 AGP.
The first a ShuttleX with a EVGA FX5200 fanless no problems, but screen goes blank when MP at idle even though
on both computers the General option in the config for 'Blank screen in fullscreen mode when Media Portal is idle' is NOT checked.

The second system is using a an Asylum FX5200 AGP and when MP is idle you can't wake it up with the WinTV remote and have to use the mouse and the TV is BLACKand WHITE only. You can leave the Windows XP desk top on NO Media Portal running and turn off the Sony TV, come back 12 hours later and we have color TV.
If MP was running full screen you must restart the computer to get color.

Both are using the latest downloaded Nvidia driver, The only diffrence is the second computer is running the TV Server. Both have the same options set in the Nvidia software ??
Any ideas

Thanks Rocco

rocco6530

Portal Member
December 19, 2007
Chicago Area
Home Country
Is their no solution to the problem? Should I change the video card to an EVGA 5200 or could it be the install or motherboard firm ware??

Rocco

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Is their no solution to the problem? Should I change the video card to an EVGA 5200 or could it be the install or motherboard firm ware??

I would consider using the driver that came with the card or 8x\9x, sometimes Nvidia screw things up for older cards with new drivers.

Could also be the way the motherboard handles the card, so make sure they at least are the latest BIOS\drivers.

rocco6530

Portal Member
    December 19, 2007
    Chicago Area
    Home Country
    Will Try

I will try the original drivers first I have the disk, but I thought that it was always best to use the latest drivers.
    There may be some wisdom in using the original drivers.

I will also look into the motherboard BIOS upgrades

Thanks Rocco

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom